• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I don't think much has changed since the last class I took or taught was within the last 30 days - how about you? Holly shit dude don't take every word so literal. Do you have Asperger's? Every scenario is different. I suggest you read Massad Ayoob's book "In The Gravest Extreme," might give you some insight.

Here's a few synonyms for "attack;" many of these fit my description quite aptly. :-)
    No, every scenario is not different when being attacked.
    My almost twenty years of law enforcement has told me to be very specific and clear as to how to articulate a deadly force situation, since it is going to be scrutinized under a microscope. Clarity, when someone else is reading your account of what happened is of the utmost importance.
    If you ever went to court you would know that you have to be literal and deliberate with words.
    I would think anyone who read your post thought you were physically attacked when you went to brandish your weapon. And not in, what it actually was, some hoodlums were in passing proximity to you.

At what distance were the attackers when you thwarted the deadly assault? What I am trying to understand is that 4 to 6 (you weren't sure.) knife and club wielding attackers should be defended against by merely brandishing (pretending to draw) a weapon instead of drawing, taking a good position of dominance and preparing for the worst?

This is what you teach and have been taught in your classes? Or do you just teach marksmanship and not self defense?

Last edited:

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    I don't think much has changed since the last class I took or taught was within the last 30 days - how about you? Holly shit dude don't take every word so literal. Do you have Asperger's? Every scenario is different. I suggest you read Massad Ayoob's book "In The Gravest Extreme," might give you some insight.

Here's a few synonyms for "attack;" many of these fit my description quite aptly. :-)
    aggression
    barrage
    charge
    incursion
    intervention
    intrusion
    invasion
    offensive
    onslaught
    outbreak
    raid
    rape
    skirmish
    strike
    violation
    advance
    assailing
    blitz
    blitzkrieg
    defilement
    drive
    encounter
    encroachment
    foray
    initiative
    inroad
    irruption
    mugging
    offense
    onrush
    onset
    push
    rush
    storming
    thrust
    volley

you forgot BUMRUSH!!!!

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Self-defense is a defense to first degree assault whether you brandish the firearm or fire it. Self-defense is an affirmative defense. Rule of thumb: Don't threaten anyone with a firearm (brandish) unless you could claim successfully self defense for actually shooting them dead. In other words, don't "brandish" your piece unless you intend to use your piece.

:thumbsup:Good advice. I appreciate this thread and all its comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom