• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chris L

Bite me
    Oct 31, 2007
    Catonsville
    Tomorrow, June 6, Stemmer's Run Rifle and Pistol club is hosting a bowling pin shoot at the AGC. We'll be there from noon to 4pm and it is open to the public.

We will be shooting simulated bowling pins (flat rubber bowling pin shaped things on hinges).

- No wadcutters
    - No hollow points

Roundnose bullets only

Come on out and have some fun.

Chris

JasonMD85

Aug 16, 2006
    How many rounds are recommended to bring? I am going to Columbia to take a peak at the new Palm phone in the morning, might swing by AGC when I am done (will be before 12).

Chris L

Bite me
    Oct 31, 2007
    Catonsville
    How many rounds are recommended to bring? I am going to Columbia to take a peak at the new Palm phone in the morning, might swing by AGC when I am done (will be before 12).

That kind of depends on how well you shoot. Each round costs $5, and is comprised of five timed relays. You are timed how long it takes to knock all six pins down. If you have 100 rounds of ammo, that will be plenty if you only want to enter once. I will probably go twice tomorrow, once with my Glock 23 and once with my Ruger P95. That will be $10. Here's an excerpt from an email I received:

ENTRY FEE PER PISTOL: $5.00
    PRIZES: WINNING AGGREGATE TIME FROM 5 RELAYS WILL WIN HALF (50/50)
    TOTAL ENRTY FEES FOR THAT PISTOL/REVOLVER, CENTER FIRE/RIM FIRE DIVISION.

I hope that makes sense. It is very laid back and we definitely have a good time. I just hope the weather doesn't scare too many people away.

roberte33

Feb 26, 2009
    AA county
    Thanks Chris. Went with wife and we both had a good time. I need to sight in my glock though. I had to aim high and to the right to hit anything. Thanks again.

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    I just got back. I had a blast! It was great meeting Chris (and the other folks there)! I showed up w/my buddy Randy. He was shooting his Ruger Mark II and I was shooting my HK 9mm.

Unfortunately for both of us, these calibers seemed to want to go thru the target, rather than knock them down! You could see the pins wiggle after a hit and not fall over. Event with that, I had a boatload of fun! I don't think I've had more fun for $5, ever! Well done! :party29:

Jamie

Chris L

Bite me
    Oct 31, 2007
    Catonsville
    Thanks Chris. Went with wife and we both had a good time. I need to sight in my glock though. I had to aim high and to the right to hit anything. Thanks again.

No problem. It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife. Hopefully we'll see you out there again.

I just got back. I had a blast! It was great meeting Chris (and the other folks there)! I showed up w/my buddy Randy. He was shooting his Ruger Mark II and I was shooting my HK 9mm.

It was great meeting you and Randy as well. You both did really well today.

I'll try to do a better job and post a little earlier in the week next time.

Is there an issue with the range that you don't use real bowling pins?

It's a liability issue. Bullets can ricochet off the bowling pins and there is a road nearby. Supposedly, the AGC is looking into some sort of housing system that eliminate the possibility of ricochets and allow the use of real bowling pins.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Drat, I missed this thread until now.

As for ricochet issues, there was a nice indoor range that I visited often, in another state, and they had informal bowling pin matches. One day a ricochet hit a water pipe that was protected. (One of those one in a million hits.) The match was stopped and I do think that was the last time they had a bowling pin shoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom