• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I picked up a pint can at a Lowe's close to me not too long ago.

So...whatcha puttin' BLO on? Something old but new? :innocent0

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Just be careful with BLO, If you leave a rag soaked in BLO, it will spontaneously combust.
    I always make sure the rag is stretched out flat or in a bucket of water.

houserocker

Guero Loco
    Jan 14, 2008
    Laurel, DE
    Just be careful with BLO, If you leave a rag soaked in BLO, it will spontaneously combust.
    I always make sure the rag is stretched out flat or in a bucket of water.
    I like to leave mine stuffed in a paper bag in my bedroom, next to my bag of razor blades, right in front of my kerosene heater, on the shag carpet.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    I like to leave mine stuffed in a paper bag in my bedroom, next to my bag of razor blades, right in front of my kerosene heater, on the shag carpet.

Nice...
    Right next to the play pen and litter of new kittens?
    Right under the secret cure for AIDS and the cash you were going to donate to the homeless shelter.
    Next to the phone numbers for everyone on the Swedish bikini team?

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek

Nice...
    Right next to the play pen and litter of new kittens?
    Right under the secret cure for AIDS and the cash you were going to donate to the homeless shelter.
    Next to the phone numbers for everyone on the Swedish bikini team?

Aw, Houserocker's lightweight.

I usually include any reloading and gun cleaning reminant's in my paper bag of rags soaked with BLO: used cleaning patches, culled brass cases, spent primers, case trimmings and a few crushed beer cans. They're are all good. Sweeping any flakes of powder that spilled on the benchtop during a reloading session into the bag will usually adds some flavor. Toss in some floor sweepings of Beagle hair, stuff that bag under the bed and I'll surely dream easy tonight.
    :D

(Of course I'm messin')

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    On the shag carpet that has a frayed extensionn cord underneath.
    But seriously any old school full service hardware store, or order from Brownnells.

houserocker

Guero Loco
    Jan 14, 2008
    Laurel, DE
    Aw, Houserocker's lightweight.

I usually include any reloading and gun cleaning reminant's in my paper bag of rags soaked with BLO: used cleaning patches, culled brass cases, spent primers, case trimmings and a few crushed beer cans. They're are all good. Sweeping any flakes of powder that spilled on the benchtop during a reloading session into the bag will usually adds some flavor. Toss in some floor sweepings of Beagle hair, stuff that bag under the bed and I'll surely dream easy tonight.
    :D

(Of course I'm messin')
    Beagle hair!?! That stuffs deadly!

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    I have had better results with Raw linseed oil. I can get get it at Michael's or another crafts/art store in the oil paint section. I got it because it all the old TMs from the army called for raw linseed oil. They are sold in a small one or two ounce bottle for something like 6 dollars. It also dosent smell so much.

You can also get "Sun thickened Linseed oil" which is raw linseed oil that has been partially polymerized. This is best to put on after a few coats of straight raw linseed oil because it doesn't soak in well. I does leave a nice finish though, and it cures relatively quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom