• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    The ruling stunned the Bloomberg administration, which was deep into preparations to begin enforcing the ban, and had even boasted on Monday that it should be applied nationally as a remedy to rising obesity rates.

stunned! Why didnt he just go after the knifes and forks to cure obesity?

Not so fast. Mayor Bloomturd and "No one needs 10 bullets to kill a deeah" Cuomo might just say "to hell with this judge AND his opinion. I have people to control" and continue on like nothing happened and this judge's ruling changes nothing.

Just like Obama with his recess appointments.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Not so fast. Mayor Bloomturd and "No one needs 10 bullets to kill a deeah" Cuomo might just say "to hell with this judge AND his opinion. I have people to control" and continue on like nothing happened and this judge's ruling changes nothing.

Just like Obama with his recess appointments.

Yeah, that would be insane. How could they enforce something if the Court is not going to uphold it. After this Judge's ruling, if I owned a restaurant subject to this proposed tax/fine, I wouldn't pay it. No Judge would rule against me based upon the precedent already set. If Bloomberg were to do something like that, I think it would be the end of his political life and it just might cause some serious riots.

He was getting too big for his britches anyway. I mean, taking his vast fortune and buying an election in Chicago is going to get some people pretty riled up. I know it doesn't sit well with me. I am all for some serious campaign reform and wonder why NONE of our representatives have even proposed something worth discussing. For instance, campaign financing ONLY from the taxpayers and no special interests. Equal air time for all candidates. A referendum/amendment limiting the free speech of corporations as it pertains to elections.

Rossi357

Mar 8, 2012
    Sandy Eggo
    He is right. You don't need 10 rds to kill a deer. The most I ever needed was 2. But, you might need more than 10 rds to stop a bad guy.

camirish1

Liberal Gun Owner
    Jan 16, 2013
    Bowie, MD
    Well it should be interesting to hear what he has to say on Letterman tonight.....

Just saw it, same BS as ever:

*Some made up number of military officials say "assault weapons" should only be used by the military.

*Apparently armor penetrating bullets are widely available and being used to kill cops every day

*80% of NRA members (he kept interchanging gun owners with NRA members) believe felons and kids should not be able to purchase firearms, so that is why we need a universal background checks.

*The reason pushing gun control and "saving the children" is so tough is because the NRA is in the back pocket of too many politicians.

*They (gun grabbers) did not take advantage of enough tragedies in the past like Columbine to push harsher gun control

The cheering from the crowd and the soft glove questions from Dave was just Bloomberg preaching to the choir. :sad20:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    He is right. You don't need 10 rds to kill a deer. The most I ever needed was 2. But, you might need more than 10 rds to stop a bad guy.

You don't even need two. It only takes a single round to kill a deer or a bad guy IF the shot is well placed. Now, as far as misses and poorly placed shots are concerned, that is a completely different matter, as are multiple bad guys and herds of deer.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    I hope it is that easy.

I fear not, though.

Folks no longer think. They gobble up whatever is given to them in an effort to consume massive data. No time to think things through while you facebook, Twitter, instagram, foursquare text messaging a live stream of YouTube and hiphopallstar.

The days of intelligent thought are numbered.

This is an accurate statement as to what is occuring on a global scale. I scan all news channels and decipher what the facts are. I check all the data and statements made to determine what is really occuring. People have become mentally lazy.

It would not be very hard for the UN to implement "Agenda 21" due to this social phenomena.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Well it should be interesting to hear what he has to say on Letterman tonight.....

Letterman can't get enough of the left wing nut jobs on his show fast enough can he?

What he will be saying is how he just wants to help every one and do for them what they are not smart enough to do for them selves. What he is saying is true as far as people not taking care of themselves. However, it's not the governments job or place to tell people how to live as he wants to do. If people want to harm themselves by consuming to much soda, they should have the right and ability to do so.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    In your best Cuomo voice: No one needs two liters to kill a pizzaaaaaa! Stop the madness nooooww! Pass sensible soft drink control!

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    In your best Cuomo voice: No one needs two liters to kill a pizzaaaaaa! Stop the madness nooooww! Pass sensible soft drink control!

lol. It's not the sodas that New Yorkers should worry about. There must be something in the drinking water. Next time I visit, it's bottled water for me.

buzzsaw

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Hagerstown
    Does anyone think the "Arbitrary and Capricious" can be used in a MD lawsuit against the bills currently being passed through our GA? That's my big thought right now...

Or, because it's currently a NY thing only, would that not apply here?

Leviathan

Jun 14, 2012
    This is an accurate statement as to what is occuring on a global scale. I scan all news channels and decipher what the facts are. I check all the data and statements made to determine what is really occuring. People have become mentally lazy.

This.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom