• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aebsr

Reluctant Militant
    Jan 19, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Anyone here aware of any good Black Friday deals on gun safes?

Nothing crazy. Just enough to hold 4 long guns, 5 pistols and some small valuables.

I've been eyeing a 24 gun safe from Stack-On. Enough room for everything to sit comfortably, with room to grow errr I mean spare.

I'm admittedly cheap, so I'm definitely looking for bang for your buck.

scout6

Sep 28, 2016
    Ceciltucky
    Bass Pro having a sale. $50 - $100 off depending on size. Cheapest is a 14 gun is $129.97 (-50 off regular) but is only a metal locking cabinet. Actual gun safe is $349.97 (-70 off regular) for a 10 gun.

aebsr

Reluctant Militant
    Jan 19, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Maybe I've got to get my butt from in front of this screen and in a store to see those prices Scout6.

Right now this Stack-On/Armorguard deal from Home Depot seems to be my best bet. Was hoping I could shave another $50 or so off the $440 price tag. Guess it's already a better deal than I thought?

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Also Dick's normally has some Black Friday deals on the Field & Stream safes which are just stack on but renamed. They are by no means top of the line but can be a preventative from amateur theft, minor fire, and as well keep children out of them.

aebsr

Reluctant Militant
    Jan 19, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Awesome. I'll keep all of these on my radar. The Home Depot sale goes through the end of the month so I've got some time. Thanks for the suggestions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Well a lockable case can walk away. A lockable cabinet is a wee bit heavier to just pickup and if you bolt it down it is going to take some real effort. A lockable case is also likely to be able to be broken open with tools a little faster and easier than a cabinet. That said, a cabinet with the right tools is coming open in about sixty seconds. Mallet and crow bar and you'll likely get the chisel point in the door crack and a long one, a decently strong guy could absolutely wench it right open. Or a metal cutting saw or angle grinder could open it up real fast too.

My stack on cabinet is to keep curious young hands away from things they shouldn't be touching. I mean, I guess it would slow down or stop a non-determined thief or a snatch and grab break-in.

That said, the cheapest actual safes aren't going to be much harder to break in to, but they will add some fire/water resistance. Maybe a crow bar won't work. Most of the medium expensive safes are going to be a little harder to break in to, but only time is added. It isn't till you are likely talking the $1k+ safes (and maybe not even mostly till you are talking $2k+ on the bigger ones) that you'll start finding 1/8" steel, possibly concrete filler instead of gypsum (gypsum is what adds the fire resistance).

Thats when you start going from a torch, angle grinder or metal saw being able to tackle it in a few minutes to needing some serious time to get in.

Almost any safe can be broken in to given enough time.

Down the road when I have the space in what I hope is a few months I plan to go to medium cost, more fort he features and better fire resistance than break-in proof ability. I want to stop kids, fires and thieves with hand tools.

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    I was in tractor supply yesterday. and I did not see any deals pre black Friday. they had 3 brands. stack-on, Winchester and canon. the only one that had any real saving was an "80" gun canon that was $250 off. the only reason I remembered this because I found it funny that the 80 gun safe was cheaper that the "60" gun safe by $50. both were around $1k

aebsr

Reluctant Militant
    Jan 19, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Dicks usually has some good deals.

I picked this one:
    http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...0516396.4414427.18264456&categoryId=111789916
    Up for $400 a couple of years back on Black Friday. Free shipping to the store, so some buddies and I got an appliance dolly and a low trailer and took it home.

Just saw that sale come back. But looks like Home Depot is still leading the pack with free shipping. Loads of sales going on now this week. Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    My safes are used to secure my guns from small hands and curious eyes. Buy the best you can afford and move on.

No "safe" that you can move by hand is completely secure as long as cordless tools such as this are available for under $50.

Attachments

• 0000000227740_alt1.jpg
      0000000227740_alt1.jpg
      22.1 KB · Views: 361

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads