• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    Or just do it....quietly and answer any questions by saying that he's complying with the court's direction and the constitution...................

Mr H

Banana'd
    Good and when the Gavel drops on 4/13 I hope Hogan holds a press conference. Come out and say since the House and the Senate faild to protect the citizens of Maryland I have direct the MSP to accept self defense as good and substantial. it is time for criminals to be put on notice that the good citizens of Maryland will no longer be victims.

Then for almost a year permits are issued and no blood on the street.
    Vinnie will be marginalized , which Delegate or Senator would have the balls to submit a bill to "fix" it ?

Now that I have a chance to think a little more on it...

This is a classic toothpaste situation... Once it's out, and shown successful, there is no way to put it back in the tube. A taste of the Right will be enough to secure it, and no self-respecting Critter would dare the [metaphoric] rebellion that would come from taking it back.

The upstanding citizens will need to be on their best behavior, though, to prove we're not the problem.

The concern I would have, though, is that there might very well be a push for TPM (Time/Place/Manner) restrictions, and we'll have to wade through all that in court.

As for a presser?? I'm not sure about that. As I just posted in the other thread, low key and no fanfare for something that "should" be seems more in character. Plus, it keeps the MSM from flipping their lids until after it's all said and done.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Now that I have a chance to think a little more on it...

This is a classic toothpaste situation... Once it's out, and shown successful, there is no way to put it back in the tube. A taste of the Right will be enough to secure it, and no self-respecting Critter would dare the [metaphoric] rebellion that would come from taking it back.

The upstanding citizens will need to be on their best behavior, though, to prove we're not the problem.

The concern I would have, though, is that there might very well be a push for TPM restrictions, and we'll have to wade through all that in court.

what are those? I just don't know what that means.

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    Maybe I'm missing the point but I see TPM as related to the current limited G&S not self protection. If I get a permit today, it's only to get to work or the bank or whatever my documented threat was. If I can carry for protection the only restrictions would be those that are already in place - school zones, court house and the like???

Mr H

Banana'd
    IMO, "self-defense" is all-encompassing, and there should then be no restrictions.

But, as we know far too well, our keepers don't even want the possibility. So--and I hope to be proven completely off my rocker, in the end;)--I would anticipate attempts to play games with when, where and how people would be 'allowed' to exercise the Right.

It's Maryland... The Land of Peasant Loathing.

Mr H

Banana'd
    So did we ever leave square one?

Not sure I understand the question.

We make progress regularly. Slow, but sure, and that's a good thing.

Nothing changes until it does. We're really just seeing what the next move will be.

Whether it's our speculating here, or the GA proposing, or the media throwing up Bogeymen, none of it has any real effect until something gets signed and/or implemented.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville

Nothing changes until it does. We're really just seeing what the next move will be.

Whether it's our speculating here, or the GA proposing, or the media throwing up Bogeymen, none of it has any real effect until something gets signed and/or implemented.

I understand your answer. and should see you at 7.:)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Emailed entire SJPC yesterday, so far one response from Sen Ramirez, a form response that they have a high volume, and will eventually actually read it later. Not to pick on him, since that is more than the rest.

Dec 31, 2012
    Full circle.

While I appreciate everyone who could testify and those of us who emailed and called, there was never any doubt where this ends as long as the GA contains Democratic relics.

Squeeze the tube...

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

Here is some progress http://1.usa.gov/1C5lKNx

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Come the fvck on.
    You completely discredit the work that was done to stymie that bill and of the work that continues.

You don't like it? Take over MSI. Become a NRA board member.
    Or... GTFO

That is your interpretation.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Come the fvck on.
    You completely discredit the work that was done to stymie that bill and of the work that continues.
    The two guys who gutted the original bill were:
    1. Brian Frosh
    2. Papa Joe Vallario

I have no doubt that the noise we raised encouraged some of those changes, but, realistically, it wasn't our side that was driving it. Progress in a court case is always two weeks away; progress in the legislature always seems to be two years away. It gets tiring after a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom