Bill Gates Donates 1 Million To Gun Control (I-594 in WA)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    While I’m not a fan of this action, it is pretty hard to hate on a guy that has donated literally billions of dollars to multiple good causes throughout the world.

For the most part, Bill Gates is a good guy. Uses his money to help people and keeps it out of politics. Can’t say the same for Bloomberg or the Koch brothers. Really, this issue is just more proof that we need to amend our constitution and get money out of politics.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    As I said he is buying friends on the left. Its an old model. See Andrew Carnegie... any idea how many people he sent to their deaths... what is he known for now? The thing about liberals is that their virtue not only has a price its a cut rate price..

Learn the ways of our opposition...

And Bill Gates no longer cares what happens to the US. Or what we think of him. He is posturing and I am sure Melinda is behind most of it...

If he wants liberal friends on the left, why not do something environmental related, civil rights related or perhaps send the robin hood foundation some money?

Why gun control which is a very polarizing issue?

Why does he even need to buy friends on the left? Aren't his existing connections/relationships good enough?

And why do you think his wife is behind most of it?

Dec 31, 2012
    1 million out of a kabillion is nothing. He's not serious. As said above he's buying friends.

Think about it. He's worth 80,000 millions and donated 1 million. 1/80,000th.
    I make far less than 80,000 a year and have donated a hell of a lot more than $1 to pro-gun causes so I'm outpacing Bill.

If he wants liberal friends on the left, why not do something environmental related, civil rights related or perhaps send the robin hood foundation some money?
    ...?

He has probably donated to all of those causes.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    1 million out of a kabillion is nothing. He's not serious. As said above he's buying friends.

Think about it. He's worth 80,000 millions and donated 1 million. 1/80,000th.
    I make far less than 80,000 a year and have donated a hell of a lot more than $1 to pro-gun causes so I'm outpacing Bill.

He has probably donated to all of those causes.

Too bad you are not the norm for gun owners.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Just received this (which at the bottom authorizes forwarding and copying. Them, not me):

CCRKBA’S GOTTLIEB CHALLENGES GATES TO
    ‘PUT HIS MOUTH WHERE HIS MONEY IS!’

BELLEVUE, WA – Gun rights advocate Alan Gottlieb, chairman of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, and a leading opponent of Initiative 594, today is publicly challenging billionaire gun control supporter Bill Gates to debate the measure, to which he just donated $1 million.

“It’s time for Gates to put his mouth where his money is,” Gottlieb said. “It’s one thing to be for background checks, but I-594 is poorly written bad law, and all the money in the world won't make it better.”

Gates made headlines earlier this week when it was reported that he and his wife, Melinda, had contributed a million dollars to the campaign to pass I-594. That’s the 18-page gun control initiative that is opposed by rank-and-file law enforcement organizations representing more than 7,500 police and sheriffs’ deputies, plus the state’s sportsmen and women, competitors and gun collectors.

Gates is one of a handful of wealthy Seattle-area elitists who have shelled out big bucks to push this measure. The campaign has become a battle of class warfare, pitting the rich against Washington State’s far-less-privileged middle class firearms owners, and their families and friends.

“If Gates accepts,” Gottlieb said, “I expect him to explain why he thinks I-594 is such a hot idea when the Washington Council of Police and Sheriffs, and the Washington State Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors Association – the largest and most highly-respected law enforcement groups in the state – oppose the measure. He will also have to explain why both organizations emphatically support Initiative 591.

“Bill Gates and his billionaire friends Paul Allen, Steve Ballmer and Nick Hanauer are using their riches in an effort to buy an election,” he continued. “They will purchase slick advertising, buy professional spokesmen and try to steamroll their opponents. But Gates should speak for himself, and be willing to defend his position one-on-one.

“Gates should also make sure that if he accepts, his bodyguards do not loan each other firearms, because that would be prohibited under the language of the gun control initiative he’s funding,” Gottlieb concluded. “I won't bring bodyguards, because I don't have any. My defense is the facts.”

With more than 650,000 members and supporters nationwide, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is one of the nation’s premier gun rights organizations. As a non-profit organization, the Citizens Committee is dedicated to preserving firearms freedoms through active lobbying of elected officials and facilitating grass-roots organization of gun rights activists in local communities throughout the United States. The Citizens Committee can be reached by phone at (425) 454-4911, on the Internet at www.ccrkba.org or by email to InformationRequest@ccrkba.org.
    CCRKBA Facebook Page

CCRKBA Twitter Page

<Please e-mail, distribute, and circulate to friends and family>

Copyright © 2014 Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, All Rights Reserved.
    Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
    James Madison Building
    12500 N.E. Tenth Place
    Bellevue, WA 98005 Voice: 425-454-4911
    Toll Free: 800-426-4302
    FAX: 425-451-3959
    Email: InformationRequest@ccrkba.org

ozwyn

Ultimate Member
    Apr 21, 2008
    Richardson, Texas
    I just hope that money ends with the same rocket scientists running Bloombergs efforts. Its like every time Bloomberg tries a new major attempt to publicize gun control, gun right groups get new members

we need that same level of cash/incompetence with all the big money anti-gunners

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    This from a guy who has tanks guarding his estate and armed body guards. Well, he is from the "special" class that deserve fire arm protection.

marcusrn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2012
    San Diego
    So what is his deal?

He's the richest and smartest man in the world. Do his security people use batons and nun-chuks? If so that is not very smart.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    So what is his deal?

He's the richest and smartest man in the world. Do his security people use batons and nun-chuks? If so that is not very smart.

One law for the rich, another for the poor.

And because celebrities are the Gods of the left, it's ok.

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    Anyone want a free copy of Windows?

(I kid, I kid)

My thoughts exactly.

Time to start removing the power from these a**holes. If everyone wasn't so dependent on their buggy, spying, back door NSA operating system, he would be broke.

This is another jerk who thinks the world should be depopulated by 95% - he's got a good head start with his forced "vaccination" programs in 3rd world countries...

Just another elitist do gooder who thinks he knows what's best for the rest of us useless eaters.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Uh, not really. What's your definition of "help"? Time to take the red pill.

Seriously someone needs to read up on Andrew Carnegie... .for real. This is the scam. It works because folks are not willing to do the home work... windows is a bill of goods so is Bill Gates. IP theft is the least of it...

Lookup Stac electionics v Microsoft as a start.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Uh, not really. What's your definition of "help"? Time to take the red pill.

The work of Bill Gates has directly resulted in the almost complete destruction of polio. It if wasn’t for some retarded terrorist in the middle east it would already be taken care of. Please, do tell me, what worldwide virus have you recently almost completely wiped out?

Like I said before, dumb move on gun rights but out of the famous billionaires this guy is flat out top class, which can not be said of the Bloombergs and Kochs of the world.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    The work of Bill Gates has directly resulted in the almost complete destruction of polio. It if wasn’t for some retarded terrorist in the middle east it would already be taken care of. Please, do tell me, what worldwide virus have you recently almost completely wiped out?

Like I said before, dumb move on gun rights but out of the famous billionaires this guy is flat out top class, which can not be said of the Bloombergs and Kochs of the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonas_Salk

I guess this guy gets second billing now :)

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonas_Salk

I guess this guy gets second billing now :)

So I disagree with Gates's position on 2A. This in no way takes away the fact that he has leveraged his money into serious attempts to eradicate diseases in the Third World, which, like it or not, affects the USA due to air travel vectoring.

Malaria and polio are unpleasant, to say the least. I stand behind any realistic attempt to eradicate these diseases. It is unquestionably The Right Thing To Do, and I salute him for doing it.

Sure, Salk developed the vaccine. No one is trying to diminish his achievement, merely trying to make it widespread. Come on, being responsible for completely eradicating this disease would get him into the heaven of his choice.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    The best invention in the world is useless without the money to produce it and deliver it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom