• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    As Kayleigh MacEnany recently said- He's what is called a serial candidate.
    It's how he makes a living. He shows up, makes outrageous statements, runs for office knowing full well that he has no chance of winning and pockets the remaining campaign funds afterwards.

Not confiscating firearms and supporting the 2A definitely qualifies as outrageous statements (for him).

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    My aunt from Texas supports him. Broke her heart when I told her there is nothing about him that intrigues me in any way. He has no leadership skills, isn't dynamic in any way. Just comes off as a dorky awkward idiot.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    It's how he makes a living. He shows up, makes outrageous statements, runs for office knowing full well that he has no chance of winning and pockets the remaining campaign funds afterwards.

Not confiscating firearms and supporting the 2A definitely qualifies as outrageous statements (for him).

^This, it's all about the money!

Robert must be needing cash...

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county

They need to put a stop to that shit. It's one thing to knowingly contribute to help pay off someone's campaign costs, it's another to solicit funds for one purpose and then just use them as your own. If the people doing this were not pols it would be called fraud.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    They need to put a stop to that shit. It's one thing to knowingly contribute to help pay off someone's campaign costs, it's another to solicit funds for one purpose and then just use them as your own. If the people doing this were not pols it would be called fraud.

I don't believe the FEC allows candidates to simply convert unused campaign donations into personal property/cash. Here's a pretty good discussion of it:

https://www.nhpr.org/politics/2020-...s-to-campaign-funds-after-an-election-is-over

EDIT: Also, in case anyone's wondering how a non-wealthy-already candidate can feed themselves during, say, a year-long campaign when they're not holding down another job, the candidate CAN draw a salary from donations, but it's not a free-for-all, and they can't do it before they formally file in a given race, and they can't continue to draw it after they're no longer a candidate (including when the given race is over). But if they have "leftover" campaign funds, they can indeed file for the very next election season opening when it's available to do so, and start taking a paycheck again from those same funds.

The paycheck has to be the LESSER of either the pay that the eventual office holder would make OR that person's previous year's filed income. So if you quit your job as a trunk monkey or parking lot grocery cart collector, you can only personally collect that same level of income from donated funds. And there's a long list of things the campaign itself CANNOT spend money on for your personal use, as work-arounds for the paycheck cap. We see candidates getting in trouble for those personal use violations pretty regularly.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Pretty sure this is the leading wave.

Baffle with bullsh!t

There are a lot of Democrats running as Rino in the upcoming elections. Democrats know the truth is against them.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I have no problem with Beto sucking campaign funds from idiots. Stupidity has its costs.

Sirex