• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paintballg36fun

Jul 28, 2010
    Hello,
    Is it ok to sell a beta mag rebuild kit to another person in md. it has enough parts to be a complete mag. however it is still only in parts.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Hello,
    Is it ok to sell a beta mag rebuild kit to another person in md. it has enough parts to be a complete mag. however it is still only in parts.

Gray area.... Technically it might be legal. There is NOTHING in the law that prohibits the transfer of magazine parts, but when you transfer all the parts disassembled it could be argued that you transferred a high capacity magazine, because disassembled it is still that same article.

If you had a jury of your peers, do you think they (in the state of MD) would have the sophistication to understand the difference between an assembled magazine and an unassembled one? Or would they believe that as the prosecutor would argue that you were trying to break the law through a non-existent loop hole and that you should be convicted of breaking the law as written despite your cute little stunt of disassembling the magazine first?

I WOULD NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, TRANSFER A HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINE IN THE STATE OF MARYLAND.
    While it may not be illegal to transfer parts, you would be much more protected by driving across state lines and doing the transfer there. I AM NOT A LAWYER, THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE. This is my personal opinion.

Mark

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Mark, I agree.

If I buy anything that holds more than 20 rounds, I can prove it was bought outside MD. MSP would have to create a conspiracy to try to say I bought something in state or assembled it in state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom