• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Terphunter

Jul 25, 2012
    Thanks all for the input.

I agree with the buy once cry once. I the grand scheme of things I do want it be durable. Weight is not a huge factor for me but first round pop I would consider maybe most important as I want to do a fair amount of ground hog hunting, plinking. Part of me want to take a fox with it as well.

I am leaning towards the Silencerco now because of the steel internals. The AAC Element was supposed to have the best or one of the best/lowest first round pop. How is the FRP on the Spectre or Sparrow?? Carroll county BTW

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Spectre, FRP is virtually non existent on my hosts. On the Sparrow, it can be significant on pistols, not so much on rifles. Most mono core cans will have FRP. Thats a biggie for me too.

You should hit one of the IP's close to you. You haven't said what area of MD you're in, but the go to's are Duffys, Engage, 2a, BBP, A1, etc. ll of which are good people and will help you through the process.

Terphunter

Jul 25, 2012
    Spectre, FRP is virtually non existent on my hosts. On the Sparrow, it can be significant on pistols, not so much on rifles. Most mono core cans will have FRP. Thats a biggie for me too.

You should hit one of the IP's close to you. You haven't said what area of MD you're in, but the go to's are Duffys, Engage, 2a, BBP, A1, etc. ll of which are good people and will help you through the process.

Very good to hear! Yes I'm Carroll county and I go by duffys a often and have stopped by a couple of times. Had some cool cans but really wanted the Element...but I think that has changed after getting some info here!

Thanks

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Very good to hear! Yes I'm Carroll county and I go by duffys a often and have stopped by a couple of times. Had some cool cans but really wanted the Element...but I think that has changed after getting some info here!

Thanks

yea, Vince has removed me from much of my money over the years. He had a bunch of cans in last week when I was in there. I may or may not have submitted another F4 while I was there. :D

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I just bought 1 of these. I also like the AAC but this 1 I can use on more calibers in the future. It also has a special sleeve for ease of taking apart. Also enjoy buying from the silencer shop !!http://www.silencershop.com/silencers/rimfire/tactical-solutions-axiom.html

That's the nezt .21 suppressor I'm getting.

If you buy from the Silencer Shop, do you have to wait for a form 3? Or do they just direct you to a partner that has one in stock?

I like to buy local but sometimes they have incredible deals.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    They have a preferred vendors list ( just type in your zip code to find the closest dealer). What you buy it for is what you pay. No transfer fees !!( except for the $200.00 tax stamp) What they do is when the form 3 is about 4 to 5 weeks in the system. They start the paperwork ( form 4) to transfer it from the dealer to you. This drops the time by 2 to 3 months over all. Another nice thing if it shows not in stock. They can tell you when its due in. They can also give you the option to pre buy ( which I have done) and the instant it shows up you are notified and everything begins.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I like buying local to. But in my case My local dealer has still to put in my form 4s from January ( still waiting on what he told me he had in stock at his place when I bought them. to show up on the form 3s because he didn't have them in stock!!) also his lack of knowledge and truthfulness was also a turn off! So I went with the silencer shop since then.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    That's the nezt .21 suppressor I'm getting.

If you buy from the Silencer Shop, do you have to wait for a form 3? Or do they just direct you to a partner that has one in stock?

I believe they F3 it to the dealer. I have a friend that buys from there all the time and said he had to wait for the F3. BTW, it seems a lot of the suppressors are OOS at Silencer Shop.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    It can also pay to shop around locally. By all means, ask for a quote from your favorite LGS, but maybe ask a couple other nearby IPs, too. There is nothing wrong with spreading your money around a bit, and the pricing ranges can be shocking at times - one place quoted me a hundred and fifty bucks less than the other on a recent release.

The truth is, you will probably be happy with any quality 22lr suppressor if you have subsonic ammo to use with it. It's centerfire where you start running into the tough decisions - what calibers, what mounting system, what length vs noise trade-off, etc.

Terphunter

Jul 25, 2012
    Thanks all for the input!

I ended up pulling the trigger on a Spectre 2 today...now the waiting game begins!

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Thanks all for the input!

I ended up pulling the trigger on a Spectre 2 today...now the waiting game begins!

Congrats.

Waiting is not that bad. The problem is not getting anything in your hands. Then you end up waiting for 3 stamps to come back instead of just 1. Or so I have heard.:D

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Congratulation's !!

3 ? I hear some are waiting on a lot more LOL The 1 a month club backfired on some of us and seem to be going in about the same time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom