• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Long1MD

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2013
    Too far gone
    I'm turning to you guys for good advice on the best all around range box. I often take rifle and pistol (rarely shotgun) to the range on the same day. Looking for a durable range box for some tools, cleaning, ammo, etc....any ideas from you guys that shoot waaaay more than I get to?

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    That looks nice. How long have you had it and does it seem to hold up well?
    Plastic tool boxes generally hold up well unless used as a rest for an AK-47 with the muzzle positioned just a little to far back. At least that's my experience.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Plastic tool boxes generally hold up well unless used as a rest for an AK-47 with the muzzle positioned just a little to far back. At least that's my experience.

That's funny. At elk neck yesterday I happened to burn the hell out of my range bag doin the same thing.

psycosteve

Meme magic works!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    Gentrfying the Hagersbush.
    e76871a5-f031-434f-a957-100d5389a1e2_400.jpg

now this is what would want as a range box with the appropriate way to move it. It could carry everything I could ever want to the range and I could even shoot off of it with out a problem and it should last a lifetime. Buy once cry once.

bowoah

GlockBlock
    Jul 1, 2014
    PG County
    e76871a5-f031-434f-a957-100d5389a1e2_400.jpg

now this is what would want as a range box with the appropriate way to move it. It could carry everything I could ever want to the range and I could even shoot off of it with out a problem and it should last a lifetime. Buy once cry once.

Looks like it can also be used for burial purposes.

SuperMag

Citizen--not "Subject"
    Nov 30, 2011
    Maryland
    I prefer soft bags over hard boxes. But 99% of all "range" bags are junk: the zippers fall apart and the stitching pulls out.

Save your $$ and get yourself a hard-bottom tool bag (Craftsman, Stanley, Husky, etc.). They are available in a huge array of sizes and pocket options. And they are super sturdy too.

You can easily install a ring on one end of the zipper if you'd like to lock the thing (it qualifies as a locked container for transport in the passenger compartment of a vehicle). I've been doing this for many years and always had good service from tool bags.

Shoot safely, shoot straight, and shoot often!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom