• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which .22 pistol would you pick, if you could own just one?

• Beretta Neos

Votes: 3 2.1%
    • Browning Buckmark

Votes: 19 13.1%
    • Ruger Mk II

Votes: 24 16.6%
    • Ruger Mk III

Votes: 26 17.9%
    • Ruger 22/45

Votes: 7 4.8%
    • Sig Mosquito

Votes: 14 9.7%
    • Smith & Wesson 22A

Votes: 5 3.4%
    • Walther P22

Votes: 25 17.2%
    • Other (please specify)

Votes: 28 19.3%

• Total voters

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I've been perusing Steafan's thread on .22 pistols, and thought it might be worthwhile to put them to a vote.

If you could own one - just one, only - which .22LR pistol would you pick? (I've allowed multiple choices in the poll in case you absolutely, positively can't decide top honors.)

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Id probably have to pick the Ruger MkII. Either the regular bull barrel or the slab side. Probably stainless steel too, since all my handguns happen to be stainless.

i would select in this order...

#1- browning
    #2- rugers
    #3- beretta (very odd grip angle)
    #4- s&w
    #5- sig
    #6- walther

#'s 1-4 are more practical 'target' pistols.... i don't see 5 & 6 as being that type but, their looks alone are very appealing...

HomerSimpson

Nov 30, 2008
    I voted other... Beretta 87 Cheetah. If I could have two my close second pick is 5-1/2" bull barrel MkII.

HomerSimpson

Nov 30, 2008
    oh yea... i forgot about that one.... well, a buddy of mine had a very nice .22 target pistol... it was made by benelli, i just can't remember the model name... the thing looked kickazz and was accurate as hellz...

it was also pricey though....

MP-95 ?

Benelli_MP95-E_Nera_Pistol_italy_01.jpg

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    p22...crazy accurate for it's size, fun as all get out to shoot...and if i could only own one then thing's are bad and i'm gunna need something concealable enough to keep on me without being noticed.

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    a lot of Neos hatters on here. :(

This thread is bs. everyone knows that the Neos is the best gun for the money.

Yes, if you spend $1,000 for a S&W Model-41 you'd have a better gun, but come on
    m41ax350.jpg

Last edited:
    a lot of Neos hatters on her. :(

This thread is bs. everyone knows that the Neos is the best gun for the money.

Yes, if you spend $1,000 for a S&W Model-41 you'd have a better gun, but come on
    m41ax350.jpg

naaaw man.... not a neo hater at all.. i just didn't like the grip angle of it... that went the same for the mk's too.... i actually looked at the neo before i chose my buckmark...

that was the same reason why i chose the xd over the glocks.. the ergo's just didn't feel right in my hand, thats all...:shrug:

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    naaaw man.... not a neo hater at all.. i just didn't like the grip angle of it... that went the same for the mk's too.... i actually looked at the neo before i chose my buckmark...

that was the same reason why i chose the xd over the glocks.. the ergo's just didn't feel right in my hand, thats all...:shrug:

yeah they do have goofy grips, the sig mosquito has fat grips and I like it. The Neos looked weird, but its grip works. I'd also put its firing pin against any .22's.

I don't see why .22's need to have a different grip when the grips on FS pistols fits fine.

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    This will be the most popular thread soon, with the sacristy of ammo and the high prices. everyone needs a few good .22's.

If there were no anti gun people, I'd buy a lot more .22's.

cb51

I posted othr, that being my 4 inch Smith and Wesson 617 with the 10 shot cylinder.

I've had lots of rimfire handgunsover the last 40 years, but this 617 has become my favorite. I'm retired so I go tot he range twice a week in nice weather, once in winter. In the past 3 years I've had this gun I guess it's seen about a box a week of the Walmart bulk box ammo.

Not a single problem and accurite as hell. No mags to mess with like my MK2.

I love this gun!

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Ruger Single-Six. The Ruger Charger and GSG-5 pistol both look like fun, but the Single-Six is the only one on my list.

I posted othr, that being my 4 inch Smith and Wesson 617 with the 10 shot cylinder.

I'd love to try one of those, they look awesome.

araugh

Laser Nerd
    Sep 2, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    I absolutely love my Sig 226 with 22lr kit. I've only had it for a month and a half but I've already put 3000 rounds thorough it. It eats bulk golden bullets all day and is capable of a better group than I am. Before I learned how wet it likes to run I had some minor issues, a fail to feed every 30 or 40 rounds, but now I haven't had a failure to feed in the last 4 bricks I've run. I'll occasionally get a fail to fire due to bulk pack ammo, but with the DA trigger I can just hit it again and they almost always go off. I would buy another in a second, even over the Mark III and Single Six.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom