• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    An IP slamming another. Stay Klassy.

So build a gun shop/range and charge us $25.00. Maybe we'll visit.

FYI, that is not true. He's just a very involved gun owner and shooter, not a firearms dealer. The IP status is for items relative to AGC. He buys and does his transfers through local SOT's just like the rest of us.

Just saw that one. Thanks for the reply!

Yes Pablo, I do have an FFL buts is a C&R! I am a consumer just like any other average guy on this one. I have nothing against that IP. However if they have a crappy policy, I am fine with saying so. I criticize my own IP enough if you care to read the AGC section. My current SOT has gone and gotten my MG out of his safe just so I could show another one of his customers without complaint or charge. I was not even going to pay him range time on while I had it. If he tried to charge me $100, it would be the last time I used him to transfer. I understand it costs money to have an employee go get it...etc however why don't you explain how one can justify a $100 charge for doing so! If you got $100 bills to toss for that, then I am happy for you!

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I've never used Freestate for a transfer, but I can see where $100 is questionable... I do enjoy using their range and they have always been a nice group.

....either way, 2A is where most (and by most, I mean about 98%) of my business goes. I just got my first can back a couple weeks ago. I'll be getting another for my .45 at some point and using them. Mark and Tom have been nothing less than great to deal with. I just need to remember to leave my wallet behind when Im going in to say hey and not really looking for anything that day lol Otherwise, I leave with something new :D

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Freestate is a nice range, but I will not buy or transfer through them.

Last year I had the handle the transfer of a non-regulated long gun. When I contacted them, they quote either $50 or $55 for the transfer. A few weeks later, when I went to pick if up, they wanted to charge me $65. I complained and got a song and dance about having to buy more safes due to the number of handguns on long term hold due to paperwork, etc. I persisted, and got them take the original amount. But that will be the LAST transaction there.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I have no knowledge of the FF in question's storage facilities , but a possability did occur to me. Since NFA take multiple months to process , perhaps they have dedicated NFA storage facility that is either off site, or way in back with all the items packed tightly in to where they have to unload it to find a specific item. The fee for in & out privledges would then get it moved into the normal safe used every day for the regular merchandise, where space is at a premimum. Wether or not $100 is a suitable fee is a different question.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    I have no knowledge of the FF in question's storage facilities , but a possability did occur to me. Since NFA take multiple months to process , perhaps they have dedicated NFA storage facility that is either off site, or way in back with all the items packed tightly in to where they have to unload it to find a specific item. The fee for in & out privledges would then get it moved into the normal safe used every day for the regular merchandise, where space is at a premimum. Wether or not $100 is a suitable fee is a different question.

Plausible, but let's stick with Occam's Razor here: The simplest explanation is they store NFA on premises (like 99% of other FFLs) and are just making a buck.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    I've said more negative than positive in this thread. Brian at South Carroll Sporting Goods has been great to deal with through 4 transfers and does engraving on lowers as well. He has gone above what I would expect a dealer to do.

I have not purchased NFA items from Duffy's but have purchased other firearms there. My father did purchase NFA items from there. I would not hesitate to buy from them. They generally have a decent stock although not the specific silencers I was looking for at the time which is the only reason I have not purchased NFA items from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom