• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    I kinda like Fuddruckers in Annapolis.

I'll give another vote to Fuddrucker's. :thumbsup:

Too bad they closed the one in White Marsh and replaced it with the "Robin" place. :sad20:

Fuddrucker's is one of the few where I can actually get it MY way without some idiot looking at me like I have two heads, and that would be simply "free of any vegetable-related contaminants.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Why does Applebees even exist? Or Chilis or any of the other cookie cutter restaurants? Mediocre food in a fake atmosphere.

It's kinda like living somewhere with fresh seafood and going to The Red Lobster. Bleech

Chilis ..can't stand the food...nothing there ...
    Applebees ...have no problem with the food they fix it like I want it
    and how I want it... no complaints
    Seafood now your talking....... Lobster...oysters...conch chowder,
    red snapper, red salmon, King Crabs, Seafood gumbo... oh yeah..

Atmosphere... there is a little hole in the wall place in Key West
    that has the best Cuban Food...Flan etc. not
    much on atmosphere but the food..the seasoning..

and it depends on what you define as atmosphere.. I am sure
    not going to a restaurant..that it takes 4-5 of the meals to feed
    just me.. now if we are talking about scenery ie: hostesses with
    the mostesses that's a different story...;)

-Rock

cb51

Atmosphere... there is a little hole in the wall place in Key West
    that has the best Cuban Food...Flan etc. not
    much on atmosphere but the food..the seasoning..

and it depends on what you define as atmosphere.. I am sure
    not going to a restaurant..that it takes 4-5 of the meals to feed
    just me.. now if we are talking about scenery ie: hostesses with
    the mostesses that's a different story...;)

-Rock

You talking' about El Soborney??

If so, some of the best grilled grouper and yellow rice and beans I ever had.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Abbey burger bistro in federal hill (and ocean city) blows everyone away. The choices of nearly every condiment, types of cheese, buns(including English muffin) and a monthly game meat make this place great. Also tater tots available.

Thanks for reminding me of this. You are right on. I was reading this thread last night and telling my wife that there has to be a place that is somewhat local that you can get a better burger than Five Guys, and we couldn't come up with anything.

I went to Abbey Burger about 3 weeks ago for the first time and will definitely be going back. I got a burger with peanut butter and bacon. Friends got Bison burgers. The topping choices are infinite. Excellent burgers.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    You talking' about El Soborney??

If so, some of the best grilled grouper and yellow rice and beans I ever had.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Damn you are good... right on...grilled grouper...oh boy
    yellow rice..black beans...picadia (spelling) Cuban bread..
    heat that bread up with some colby cheese...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

When I go to Key West...I hit that place several times..
    have to go earlier line out the door...gooood eatin.

Mom's side of family all in Key West, around Florida
    Went "bar hoppin" one Friday in K.W. what a night
    Cousin knows owners..then went flying out over the Keys
    actually flying the plane...water is so clear...

-Rock

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    I have had a few good burgers lately
    Poncabird pub, mentioned before. 1719 Poncabird Pass, Baltimore, MD 21224

Parts and Labor - trendy butcher and restaurant. Very flavorful burger. Wasn't on menu had to ask for it. Great sides. The carrots (of all thing) were fantastic. Parts and Labor Butchery 2600 North Howard Street, Baltimore, MD 21218

Park tavern tavern burger. Very smokey flavor and juicy. 580 P Governor Ritchie Hwy, Severna Park, MD 21409

Petes grille - good burger for the money and they have birch beer. 3130 Greenmount Ave, Baltimore, MD

Why does Applebees even exist? Or Chilis or any of the other cookie cutter restaurants? Mediocre food in a fake atmosphere.

It's kinda like living somewhere with fresh seafood and going to The Red Lobster. Bleech

How can you live in Timonium and not see the Chili's on Deereco at the Holiday Inn or whatever it is by Padonia? Actually, I always thought Chili's was one of the better of the chain places, a lot better than Applebee's or TGIF or Ruby Tuesday's. From what animal, exactly, did those Applebee's "riblets" come from, anyway? I was always afraid to ask.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    How can you live in Timonium and not see the Chili's on Deereco at the Holiday Inn or whatever it is by Padonia? Actually, I always thought Chili's was one of the better of the chain places, a lot better than Applebee's or TGIF or Ruby Tuesday's. From what animal, exactly, did those Applebee's "riblets" come from, anyway? I was always afraid to ask.

Oh, I see it alright. I"ve lived here for 7 yrs and never stepped foot in there. I drove by the Bricke Bodies on Padonia taday and noticed the Applebees there has closed.

Padonia Taphouse has good burgers. Don't order burgers from Hightops. They overcook them every time.

cb51

Damn you are good... right on...grilled grouper...oh boy
    yellow rice..black beans...picadia (spelling) Cuban bread..
    heat that bread up with some colby cheese...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

When I go to Key West...I hit that place several times..
    have to go earlier line out the door...gooood eatin.

Mom's side of family all in Key West, around Florida
    Went "bar hoppin" one Friday in K.W. what a night
    Cousin knows owners..then went flying out over the Keys
    actually flying the plane...water is so clear...

-Rock

Key West is about my favorite place on earth. As long as you stay way from the tin plated tourist traps, theres great food and good times to be had. When the day comes that some doctor gives me the bad news, I'm going to Key West for my last days. Just keep me supplied with some good cigars, rumrunners, and a view of the ocean. I'll check out from there.:)

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Key West is about my favorite place on earth. As long as you stay way from the tin plated tourist traps, theres great food and good times to be had. When the day comes that some doctor gives me the bad news, I'm going to Key West for my last days. Just keep me supplied with some good cigars, rumrunners, and a view of the ocean. I'll check out from there.:)

Amen same here...just go to the pier, bridge or what ever it's called now,southern most point...for the sunrises and sunsets, kick back hang
    your feet over the side... and relax.....cigar..drink in hand..got some great 35mm picz around
    some where.

-Rock

Oh, I see it alright. I"ve lived here for 7 yrs and never stepped foot in there. I drove by the Bricke Bodies on Padonia taday and noticed the Applebees there has closed.

Padonia Taphouse has good burgers. Don't order burgers from Hightops. They overcook them every time.

I'm not a Hightops fan, food or anything else. I like the Stil, and it has good burgers. Haven't had one from Michael's for a long time, but they used to be good, also.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Any place has better food & drinks than Hightops. Oddly enough, that place is always packed in spite of its bad food.

:thumbsup:

I really like that place. It is great for meeting friends while the kids play in the sand pit. I have not eaten anything there in years. YUCH

The beer is good though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom