• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    I'm looking to do a really good PSL build in the next few weeks. Someone told me that AK trigger sets will fit in them––if so, or even otherwise, what's my best option for getting it the best trigger pull? I gather that many times a PSL's trigger leaves much to be desired so I want to do it right as to maximize what I can get the first time around to make this as accurate a gun as I can make it. Are there any tricks I can use to tune the pull to make it shorter, lighter, and/or smoother?

KMK1862

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2010
    York County, PA
    This is correct. The RSA is best but you need to understand triggers to to set it up correctly and safely. The Safety has to be ground to fit the new Fire COntrol Group.

When I purchased mine a few years back, they had a specific PSL trigger that didn't require any modifications to the safety or the FCG. Of course things may have changed since I ordered my parts.

http://www.redstararms.com/index1.html?488.html&1

Chose the ROMAK-3 7.62x54R option in the drop down before ordering.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    RSAs rock, but being adjustable do need the right "tuning" to adjust the LOP, overtravel, etc. like Clandestine said.

You will never get a match trigger in an AK though; at least I don't know anyone who's pulled it off. There will always be a fair amount of travel before the break.

You can also tweak the geometry so there is a small bump that turns it into more of a two-stage feel. This is all Arsenal does to theirs.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I was actually wondering about this same issue with regards to my Galil build. If the RSA trigger is genuinely 50 bucks better than the Tapco G2 double hook, I'd be willing to go for it; no sense cheaping out on the trigger of a $1500+ build. (I'm assuming the builder will install and tune the trigger correctly.)

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I was actually wondering about this same issue with regards to my Galil build. If the RSA trigger is genuinely 50 bucks better than the Tapco G2 double hook, I'd be willing to go for it; no sense cheaping out on the trigger of a $1500+ build. (I'm assuming the builder will install and tune the trigger correctly.)

It depends on what you are using the rifle for. If its a DMR type then yes the RSA is for you, if not then use a G2. One is a precision Trigger (RSA), the other is a Milspec Type (Tapco G2)

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Well, it's a Galil SAR with a 13" barrel, so I'm guessing that "DMR" is probably out. I suppose I can skip the RSA trigger if you don't think it'll add anything... I admit that the single-hook G2 I've got in my S12 works pretty well.

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Okey dokey, Red Star the first time then. I'm definitely thinking DMR with this, something for me to use with hogs on open field and also to learn to be a better rifle shooter.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Okey dokey, Red Star the first time then. I'm definitely thinking DMR with this, something for me to use with hogs on open field and also to learn to be a better rifle shooter.

Just follpw the instructions and youll be real happy with the trigger pull. :)

If you need help let me know and ill do what I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom