• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chris L

Bite me
    Oct 31, 2007
    Catonsville
    100_2406.jpg

The pick says it all. This is by far the best $100 I've spent on reloading in a while. I reload a lot of 1x fired military brass and the primer crimp has always been a thorn in my side. I started out my reaming the crimp out, but didn't like how much material I had to take out of the primer pocket.

Then I switched to swaging with a CH4D primer pocket swager. This product does work, but was very finicky for me. If not adjusted properly it was very easy to mess up the case rim. In the end, I got tired of the over/under swaging and decided to make the leap to the Dillon.

The Dillon is nice because it supports the case from the web, not the rim. It has vastly simplified my case prep and I have not messed up a single primer since I started using it.

Chris L

Bite me
    Oct 31, 2007
    Catonsville
    Are you going to mount it to some 3/4" wood and then C clamp it to your reloading bench? I've been thinking of buying one.

That's exactly what I do. I clamp it to the end of that plywood that it's sitting on in the pic. However, last night I did clamp it to a TV tray and swaged a bunch of brass while watching TV.

Chris L

Bite me
    Oct 31, 2007
    Catonsville
    Thats exactly how I trim.

What trimmer are you using? I've got the Possum Hollow chucked in a cordless drill and thanks to the noise, and the amount of brass chips it throws, my trimming is relegated to my reloading bench in the laundry/storage room in the basement.:sad20:

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    What trimmer are you using? I've got the Possum Hollow chucked in a cordless drill and thanks to the noise, and the amount of brass chips it throws, my trimming is relegated to my reloading bench in the laundry/storage room in the basement.:sad20:

Most calibers just a Lyman universal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Charles of the Manor

Latest threads

Top Bottom