• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    When I hear "Bersa Thunder", I think of the .380 blowback that is the clone of the Walther PPK, and has been around for a while. I didn't realize there was a Bersa Thunder 9mm, that seems to be a quite different pistol. Not blowback. Still DA SA. Metal frame.

Anyone have experience with this? Thoughts on it?

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    I have a thunder uc pro in 45 and its been a great little gun. It is my daily ccw weapon and it has served me well. Its seen a few thousand rounds since new and has never once had a hiccup and is rather accurate for such a small 45. The trigger isn't the best but compares to most other double actions. Spares mags are pricey good holsters will have to be custom orderd.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    The ambi controls are nice as well for those in relationships where sig other is opposite handed from yourself.

Jambone

Sep 15, 2013
    Southern Maryland
    I have a buddy at work that spent the last year debating between the Bursa Thunder and the Walther PPK. He purchased the Valtehr (I think that's how you pronounce it). If you're going to get a .380, you might as well buy the classic PPK and sing the .007 theme while you shoot it at the range. It is a sweet gun and well worth the extra coin.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    This thread is about the thunder 9MM which is a totally different gun from the .380.

Is not a blowback, it's based on beretta design. Uses the browning locking action.

Review of the Thunder 9 UC-

Jambone

Sep 15, 2013
    Southern Maryland
    My bad, I read the original post wrong, please ignore my ignorance. I have head great things about the Bersa shooters but don't own one. I was speaking specifically about the .380, sorry. What's the approximate price for one of those 9mm ultra compacts? Are they available or hard to find?

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    No experience with that one, but did own a Bersa .22 in college that was very reliable and pretty accurate.

rmocarsky

Apr 20, 2011
    The Bersa Thunder 9s are a clone of a Walther Model 88, I read sometime ago. I held one of the Thunder 9UCs once; it fit like a glove.

I believe all Bersas (except their new poly gun) are based on Walther designs.

Bersa is in Argentina.

Walther is in Germany.

At the end of WWII didn't quite a few Germans flee to Argentina?

I have often wondered how it can be that they are so similar to Walthers.

Maybe some family ties?

Rmocarsky

Last edited:

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    I think I paid a little under $500 otd a few years ago for my 45 and that included having to get a fired shell casing since it didn't come with one. I had to have mine orderd at the time because nobody seemed to have them in stock anywhere I called.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    When I hear "Bersa Thunder", I think of the .380 blowback that is the clone of the Walther PPK, and has been around for a while. I didn't realize there was a Bersa Thunder 9mm, that seems to be a quite different pistol. Not blowback. Still DA SA. Metal frame.

Anyone have experience with this? Thoughts on it?

I have the Bersa Thunder in 9mm. It's my concealed carry pistol. The gun has a built in key lock and came with two 13 round mags. A Fobus paddle holster that is made for a SG-239 9mm fits the Bersa Thunder 9mm perfect. IMO the gun is a winner...My double taps from 15 feet are consistently within 4 to 6 inch groups, starting from holster draw, first shot double action, and second shot single action. Total cost was just under $500.00, including tax and shell casing charge, (no lock charge because of the built in key lock).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom