Beretta 92s (Making a purchase decision)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I need a quick primer here, I have lots of CZ's, Glocks, Sigs and a few other things but I have generally stayed away from Beretta's probably because of rumors of low service life (under 10k rds) that were circulated in the late 90s. Old habits stick.

Thinking I want one, and looked at a variety of them over the last couple days at local shops. All pricey, but acceptable given current circumstances. The feel in my hand was good, and while it isnt a CZ there were a lot of things about the beretta that worked better for me (e.g., slide release worked better with my small thumbs).

Soooooooooooo help me out

Italian or US? My instinct is Italian.

92 or M9 (though I havent seen a M9 in a while, I have no interest in the A1 I want the classic Beretta lines I have other things with a rail). Whats the real difference?

Blued or Inox (if I can find one)

What is up with the plastic trigger, when did they start doing that?

Were there ever steel framed beretta's (though the Alloy has a good weight and balance)

Also looked at a 96 in .40, thinking classic 9 but can be swayed.

Any guidance is appreciated, I will probably put money on one of them soon. Not hugely concerned as the supply of these seems looser than some other products but I still would prefer to get one now instead of later.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Fined a nice "used" Italian 92 in stainless, sex on a stick.

I must admit, I always liked the lines. Dealer today pulled out a 96 (.40) with a rail and Im like no that ruins it.

Know of anyone who has supplies, I go back and forth on stainless, though Beretta's look good in it.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Have you seen the 92 in Rev Tone? Something is happening in my pants just thinking about them!!!!

With this craziness I would sort of like to snag a decently available gun at adecent price. Though the rev tone sounds good, I know my witness looks good in rev tone. Plus, I feel even though I could probably do a little better online and through transfers, that I need to spend a little more and support MD gun dealers.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    With this craziness I would sort of like to snag a decently available gun at adecent price. Though the rev tone sounds good, I know my witness looks good in rev tone. Plus, I feel even though I could probably do a little better online and through transfers, that I need to spend a little more and support MD gun dealers.

What's your location? A dealer in St. Mary's has a few different models to touch before you make a decision.

I ended up getting the A1.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    You can always find a 92. I went INOX but if I had to do it over again I'd go blued. Good gun, not a CZ, but good gun.

Also as far as country? Who cares a 92 is not going to be a collectors item anytime soon they made millions of them. IMHO I look at the 92 as the next P64.

I don't know your collection but I'd stay in 9mm (although 40 seems to be easier to find right now)

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    You can always find a 92. I went INOX but if I had to do it over again I'd go blued. Good gun, not a CZ, but good gun.

Also as far as country? Who cares a 92 is not going to be a collectors item anytime soon they made millions of them. IMHO I look at the 92 as the next P64.

I don't know your collection but I'd stay in 9mm (although 40 seems to be easier to find right now)

Ya, its a gap for me. You and I both appreciate CZ's very much...........I should have bought the B you had in .40.

The more I think about it, I think a 92 in classic 9mm is best. I have other platforms in .40 (and .357 sig, .38 super blah blah). Sort of like a CZ, best served in 9mm.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Ya, its a gap for me. You and I both appreciate CZ's very much...........I should have bought the B you had in .40.

The more I think about it, I think a 92 in classic 9mm is best. I have other platforms in .40 (and .357 sig, .38 super blah blah). Sort of like a CZ, best served in 9mm.

Still have it in the classifieds :) ill end up posting it for trade on more time and then if no hits, consider a sale. I bought a LCP and a S&W air weight in 38 today so the safe is getting a little full:)

IMG_20111006_170742.jpg

I can always turn it back to original but I like the fact that it looks space related. Ill get a black 92 police trade in one of these days because I love the pure look, but to each their own.

The CZ has a better trigger after the break up but let's be honest the beretta is a wonder 9, a classic design, and its a proven platform. IMO e beretta 92 is what a gun should look like, the lines are gorgeous.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    Still have it in the classifieds :) ill end up posting it for trade on more time and then if no hits, consider a sale. I bought a LCP and a S&W air weight in 38 today so the safe is getting a little full:)

IMG_20111006_170742.jpg

I can always turn it back to original but I like the fact that it looks space related. Ill get a black 92 police trade in one of these days because I love the pure look, but to each their own.

The CZ has a better trigger after the break up but let's be honest the beretta is a wonder 9, a classic design, and its a proven platform. IMO e beretta 92 is what a gun should look like, the lines are gorgeous.

I need your Italian controls. ;)

Attachments

• DSC_0358.jpg
      DSC_0358.jpg
      44 KB · Views: 334

HondoMD

Mar 8, 2011
    I've had my 92FS for over 11 years now. I bought it as a used police issue, although it looked NIB. It has the bruniton finish and still feels good in the hands and shoots great.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I do not have "Original" Beretta but I do own a Taurus 92AFS and it is by far one of the easier handguns to fire and learn on because of the heft of it. Besides the frame safety and decocker it feels just like the one I had as an MP.

SeaNote

Wayfarer
    Dec 6, 2012
    Howard County
    I've been looking all around for a 92fs inox. I haven't been able to find one, in fact I don't see too many 92s at all. I had a blued one in my hand at a shop today, and man did it fit well. It felt great...a really solid gun with great lines. Now if I can only find one in stainless...

SeaNote

Wayfarer
    Dec 6, 2012
    Howard County
    Now that film was a very creative interpretation/modernization of a classic work of literature. I love how they addressed the "Daggers" and "Swords" of "Verona Beach".

eagle-eye78

Aug 30, 2012
    Frederick MD
    I have the 92 from MD and Italy, technically there is no difference.... but the Italian girl is just a little more sexy. That being said; because of all the CZ love I hear on this site, I finally went out and found a CZ 75 SP-01, and since I was dropping some coin I got a SIG 1911 STX to keep her company while they wait in MD limbo for approval! Either way get a 92, inox or blued they both look great IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Charles of the Manor

Latest threads

Top Bottom