• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fd0816

Oct 26, 2012
    Howard County
    My question is are belt fed Semi-Autos worth the money? I mean I get it they are a pretty cool conversation piece n they are something different that would probably be fun. But say that I was interested in a DS Arms RPD, that's like $2,500... I know that's like 10% the cost of full autos but still a little salty

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I have lots of fun with my RPD. I would spend the money again in a minute. I also think that they will increase in value substantially over time so that's a plus too.

mds5569

Jan 13, 2010
    Hagerstown
    I have a 1919a4.....
    Only problem that I have found is that it draws a crowd at the range, and everyone wants to shoot it....

Attachments

• 1919a4.jpg
      1919a4.jpg
      98.1 KB · Views: 384

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    What sub gun is only $5k? Maybe that would be a more fun toy than a deuce and a half.

MAC, stemple, & sten can be found in that range.

I had a mac M11/9 for sale in the classifieds asking $5500 ready to start transfer (w/ MD roster legal barrel length for transfer.) Its still avail;) Its by FAR the most flexible/supported subgun w/ the AA Sabre & Lage MAX uppers. Can shoot 22LR, 9mm, and .223 in full auto (and .380 if you really wanted). The M10 and M11A1s go for a little cheaper but they have far less support.

Edit: I have a new Lage MAX-31 mk2 drum fed 9mm upper avail for sale w/ the M11/9 now too (for addl $.)

Jul 1, 2012
    What sub gun is only $5k? Maybe that would be a more fun toy than a deuce and a half.

You can still find WW2 Reising M50's (.45 ACP) for around $5k - and it's C$R! still gotta do the NFA paperwork though. It's also interesting 'cause it's a closed-bolt system.

fd0816

Oct 26, 2012
    Howard County
    I have a 1919a4.....
    Only problem that I have found is that it draws a crowd at the range, and everyone wants to shoot it....

That is bad@!#... I can see why that would turn heads. I just want to get something different from the typical AR, AK that is Maryland legal

metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    Love my 1919a4, can shoot 3006 and 308. just getting around to put my M2HB together, already have @550 rounds of ammo. Would love to get a semi mg42/53

Attachments

• kshhot5.jpg
      kshhot5.jpg
      111.9 KB · Views: 316
    • m2 009.jpg
      m2 009.jpg
      60.3 KB · Views: 313

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    MAC, stemple, & sten can be found in that range.

I had a mac M11/9 for sale in the classifieds asking $5500 ready to start transfer (w/ MD roster legal barrel length for transfer.) Its still avail;) Its by FAR the most flexible/supported subgun w/ the AA Sabre & Lage MAX uppers. Can shoot 22LR, 9mm, and .223 in full auto (and .380 if you really wanted). The M10 and M11A1s go for a little cheaper but they have far less support.

Edit: I have a new Lage MAX-31 mk2 drum fed 9mm upper avail for sale w/ the M11/9 now too (for addl $.)

Ah, thanks

You can still find WW2 Reising M50's (.45 ACP) for around $5k - and it's C$R! still gotta do the NFA paperwork though. It's also interesting 'cause it's a closed-bolt system.

Now that you mention it, I recently saw one of those at Summit Gun Broker with a folding stock but it was $7,500, probably a little on the high side.

http://summitgunbroker.com/h-r-paratropper.html

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Reising: good catch I forgot about those. Right at 5k is the mkt for a fixed stock Reising. 7500 may be inline for a real paratrooper. (But I read those wire stocks are awful.)

The M1 carbine is really close to that price range. An aftermarket commercial one like an Plainfield that was converted can be <$6k. A real GI or moveable pack will 50%+ more.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Ares defense MCR rifle, Dual Feed system( belt/ mags ) 4000
    Slide Fire Stock- 105
    5k disintegrating links. 50 bucks
    Two cases of ammo. 700

Less than 5k.

But your smile will be worth a million bucks.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts