• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    You're looking for the perfect set up and you're not going to find it. You are limiting yourself because you are over thinking every scenario.
    Here's the rub. You are a working guy first, carrier second. You're not a carrier who just happens to have to do some occasional work.
    What kind of snatch and grabs are going to happen when you are inside a house?
    While it pains me to admit it,, I think you nailed it - I am over thinking something I have almost zero experience with.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    While it pains me to admit it,, I think you nailed it - I am over thinking something I have almost zero experience with.
    I am in the same boat, literally a month of random carry. I thoes up a response but deleted since I'm a noob. Ill let the seasoned folks comment instead.

You'll get it figured out for sure

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Agreed,
    I probably need to just clear my mind of my "uninformed" ideas,, get a simple OWB holster (now that cold weather is here.) ,

I'm old school and outspoken , but my default answer for holsters is Pancake , made from a dead cow , unless and until something else is specifically required .

Now that weather has broken to where heat stroke is not likely , even a Dickees twill work shirt or a flannel will work .

Buttons on shirt- shirt , or button or zipper for jacket/ hoodie will give better snd simpler access to gun . Blaster mentioned in another thread , but leave a cpl of the bottom buttons undone for better access .

Get a cpl months experience with that , and you will have an opinion

Objee

Oct 3, 2013
    Most of the Belly belts appear to have no hard shell holster,, no trigger protection.
    With a Crossbreed belly band you order their specific kydex shell for whatever gun you want to carry, so the argument against an unprotected trigger is gone.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore

Attachments

• Litepath Chest Rig.jpeg
      Litepath Chest Rig.jpeg
      39.4 KB · Views: 97

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Most of the Belly belts appear to have no hard shell holster,, no trigger protection.

FWIW , most of the classic Belly Bands have a built in elastic pocket , that will cover the trigger guard .

There are such things as belly bands with a " holster " , usually cordura , sewn onto the elastic wrap around you band . But it's a significant trade off . Sticks out ~ 4 times as much as the classic . But the classic , you might have to remove the whole thing . reinsert , then strap back on .

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Belly band works for me.

I wear it low chest, above belly, over an A-shirt then cover with button down shirt or untucked T-shirt.

I carry a light (less than 16oz) .38, 380LCP or 9mm Compact.

Stays comfy all day!

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    I typically wear comfortable athletic clothing and didn't want to change up for carrying if I didn't need to. I figured I would try to get carrying a firearm to work with what I normally wear and so far it seems to work.

I got the Crossbreed freedom band which was advertised as a belt when you can't wear a typical belt. It is similar to a belly band, but I wear it around the waist where a normal belt would be. I've combined that with an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck IWB holster and so far it is working well for me. It is comfortable and the P30SK I carry doesn't appear to print much even with a T-shirt or athletic type shirt.

etc1006

Nov 19, 2014
    SW Balto County
    I was thinking about a belly band too. I wear scrubs every day and while the shirt is loose enough to conceal the pants are more like pajama pants with a drawstring., not great for supporting a holster. Another option I considered was looking for scrub pants that I can use a belt with. I'll be carrying a Sig365XL.

Thoughts?

There is a separate thread on the Enigma. NOTE: I'll admit I'm an Enigma fanboy and love mine. YMMV.

60 Days with a PHLster Enigma Express Holster System

I also have a Crossbreed bellyband and it did not work for me. Most likely due to my muffin top.

I wear scrubs too, been following the Phlster thread. Phlster also has a "workshop" FB page with the owner and his wife who are very active with many folks with suggestions, tips, fit suggestions. I haven't sprung for it yet. But am close from checking out the guides and tips.

I got the "Liberty" band during a labor day special from their 2nds with a reckoning for my Hellcat. The liberty has a section of regular soft(but firm enough) webbing once you hook the first pass of velcro, then you put your IWB (or OWB) on the webbed area, and then use the next flap and stretch ir past and hook to other side past web. I like it as I'm not limited to just one shell/etc for the band.

Last edited:

Middleman

Sep 25, 2020
    I’m in the same boat service electrician. Work in a lot of places I legally can’t carry. So on those days I use a cross body bag made for carryino wit( a alien gear Velcro backed shell holster in the bag.
    the reason for this is I can lock the bag gun and all in a gang box that is mounted in the back of the van. Now it would take someone a lot of time and a lot of noise to either break into the box or remove the box from the van.

Thinking about something like this.
    for Work days when I can carry. Or when I’m going to be outside for extended periods

Justbmore

Oct 1, 2022
    Maryland
    I drive a lot, constantly in and out of the truck,, going in vacant homes, up in attic, down in crawlspaces, kneeling down to service a furnace, etc,,in and out of stores all day, etc.
    I can not see an IWB holster working for me, not with the driving and kneeling down, working, etc. OWB would not work for me to keep it concealed.

A shoulder holster would put the handgun in a comfortable position,, but to much straps and setup,,, and the whole "Sunny Crockett" thing.

A "Belly Band" looks ideal,, besides that 90% of them are modeled by women.
    My concern is they look stretchy,, do they have enough "rigidity" to draw the handgun from the holster ??
    I would prefer to have it slightly on the left side (I am right handed), and semi cross draw.

Anyone have experience with them ?

I have a belly band by comfortac but I have attachments to my Ruger 57, FN Forty Nine & Jimenez Arms 9mm (1st gun don’t judge), so if you don’t have any attachments then it should be fine as long as you get the right size for your body. I also found a IWB hostler for my guns with attachments & without attachments, so I use both interchangeably when I have attachments or don’t.

Justbmore

Oct 1, 2022
    Maryland
    I have a belly band by comfortac but I have attachments to my Ruger 57, FN Forty Nine & Jimenez Arms 9mm (1st gun don’t judge), so if you don’t have any attachments then it should be fine as long as you get the right size for your body. I also found a IWB hostler for my guns with attachments & without attachments, so I use both interchangeably when I have attachments or don’t.

Attachments

• A058366C-8D05-4277-AE4A-D5BC2BE02A44.png
      A058366C-8D05-4277-AE4A-D5BC2BE02A44.png
      154.3 KB · Views: 74
    • 5CEA0150-B064-409C-9FBC-3B36A664F309.png
      5CEA0150-B064-409C-9FBC-3B36A664F309.png
      192.1 KB · Views: 77
    • 750AA039-4328-43D9-A875-93CDBC600DE5.png
      750AA039-4328-43D9-A875-93CDBC600DE5.png
      260.8 KB · Views: 81

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts