• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    I picked up a CZ 75 Pre-B from AIM Surplus and was a bit disappointed by the condition. Especially considering I paid $10 for "hand picked". So, I took it over to Bollinger's for a Cerakote job. And a fine job it he did. They were great to work with too. It's about and hour and a half drive for me, but I would make the trip again for my next project. The frame is Midnight Blue and the bits are Black (not sure which black). Here are the picks.

Attachments

• CZ Surplus 1.jpg
      CZ Surplus 1.jpg
      66 KB · Views: 759
    • CZ Surplus 2.jpg
      CZ Surplus 2.jpg
      57.9 KB · Views: 729
    • 75 PreB After.jpg
      75 PreB After.jpg
      86.2 KB · Views: 734
    • 75 PreB After 2.jpg
      75 PreB After 2.jpg
      76.8 KB · Views: 1,822
    Last edited:

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    I got the grips on EBay. They're pretty nice, but it did take about 10 minutes of minor fitting.

To Cerakote the frame, slide and all the bits runs about $230 if you do the dis-assembly and reassembly yourself. No small feat with a CZ. The Cerakoe process is pretty labor intensive, but it's a nice finish.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Nice looking!

I've paid the extra $10 for a CZ-82 and got about the same results. I wonder about that "hand picked" and picture them sitting with beers after work just laughing over that. We'll never know.

I'm gonna have to call you out on 3 counts here, buddy.

1. The correct spelling is Bollinger

2. The link to our Industry Partner: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=54112

3. You didn't post this in their section.

I'm so ashamed of you...:lol2:

Last edited:

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    Nice looking!

I've paid the extra $10 for a CZ-82 and got about the same results. I wonder about that "hand picked" and picture them sitting with beers after work just laughing over that. Will never know.

I'm gonna have to call you out on 3 counts here, buddy.

1. The correct spelling is Bollinger

2. The link to our Industry Partner: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=54112

3. You didn't post this in there section.

I'm so ashamed of you...:lol2:

I told Bobby that I would post the before and after pics on MD Shooters and said I'd give him a call when it was up. I figured the post would get more traffic here on the handgun forum than it would on the Gunsmithing forum. I should probably put a link to this thread there though.

Okay mister spelling Nazi smarty pants..... your #3 should read "You didn't post this in THEIR section." Not "THERE section". :deal:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Indeed nice looking Cerecoat job.

Out of curiosity, what was the claimed condition of the before ? Hand select implies best of the particular pack, but what was the underlieing claimed condition ?

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    The ones on GB in the last couple months from Israel were worse cosmetically than the OP's and worse that the Hi Powers that were also on the market.

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    Indeed nice looking Cerecoat job.

Out of curiosity, what was the claimed condition of the before ? Hand select implies best of the particular pack, but what was the underlieing claimed condition ?

If I remember correctly it said to expect holster wear, but good mechanical condition. I didn't mind the worn finish due to holster wear, but the heavy pitting at the left grip was pretty bad as were the deep gouges on the front left of the slide. That's more than holster wear.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I told Bobby that I would post the before and after pics on MD Shooters and said I'd give him a call when it was up. I figured the post would get more traffic here on the handgun forum than it would on the Gunsmithing forum. I should probably put a link to this thread there though.

Okay mister spelling Nazi smarty pants..... your #3 should read "You didn't post this in THEIR section." Not "THERE section". :deal:

Got me!

And the dumbass corrected, "Will never know", to "We'll never know", while I was there

Clem

Mar 19, 2007
    Southern MD
    The before looks pretty ratty. The after looks pretty good. How do you like the single action trigger? I have a pre-B CZ. It went to Evolution Gun Works in PA for work. I kept the double action trigger, but it does have Bomar sights, which is a big improvement. Mine works very well. The single action trigger is very good; not as crisp as a good 1911, but very good.

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    The SAO trigger is pretty good, but it has some spongy creep before it breaks. I can't really compare it to my other CZ nines because they have a lot of CGW parts in them. Those have GREAT triggers. In the pre-B I wanted to keep the stock spurred hammer and sights because I want to keep the classic retro look.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Clem

Mar 19, 2007
    Southern MD
    The SAO trigger is pretty good, but it has some spongy creep before it breaks. I can't really compare it to my other CZ nines because they have a lot of CGW parts in them. Those have GREAT triggers. In the pre-B I wanted to keep the stock spurred hammer and sights because I want to keep the classic retro look.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

The classic look, but a single action trigger?

By the way, I had to grind down the hammer spur just a bit to keep it from biting my hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom