• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    Very nice!!

The DE in .44 and .50 are both tame compared to the S&W 500. If you want to know what the S&W 500 feels like have someone swing a bat into your hand!

How is the trigger on the Arcus? The more I see those things the more I want one. I wonder if anyone locally stocks them?

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Very nice!!

The DE in .44 and .50 are both tame compared to the S&W 500. If you want to know what the S&W 500 feels like have someone swing a bat into your hand!

How is the trigger on the Arcus? The more I see those things the more I want one. I wonder if anyone locally stocks them?

Yes, I heard that same thing about the S&W 500. My buddy said when he shot one it hurt his wrist and he doesn't want no parts of that again. Def sounds like a bad beast !

I liked the trigger on the Arcus. Although keep in mind I was was running 4-5 different pistols that day and trying a mag through each more to make sure they functioned. So I got a taste of each. If your are local to Severn and want to shoot it, could always hit the range and try mine before buying one.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Got some great guns there.OCJ...Like the DE 50 also, did the buying spree years ago, when things were a lot cheaper..Mine NIB. the S&W 500 4" is sweeet. to shoot, I like punishment..Have a few TC Contenders 10" & 14" barrels in some stout rounds.. Keep buying as they a great investments.

Attachments

• 20150515_132800_resized.jpg
      20150515_132800_resized.jpg
      65.4 KB · Views: 200

jmcisc

Sep 18, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Smith and Wesson 439, earlier model, 9mm .

mixed reviews from the shooters on this.

my own.. The trigger is very strange, It has soo much pull/creep that the first time i shot it that i thought i had pulled it all the way back and it was not going to go off or was broken. However, that's just the way it is. Its gonna take some getting used to for it to be predictable for me.

Congrats on some great buys. They all look to be in beautiful condition.

I own an S & W 559 and 659. The trigger creep on the 559 (all steel version of the double stack 59) is absolutely horrendous. By the time it engages it feels like it should have fired at least 3 times. Yet the trigger pull on the 659 is really nice. Even better is the trigger on my CS 9.

Nice collection. Thanks for sharing.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Got some great guns there.OCJ...Like the DE 50 also, did the buying spree years ago, when things were a lot cheaper..Mine NIB. the S&W 500 4" is sweeet. to shoot, I like punishment..Have a few TC Contenders 10" & 14" barrels in some stout rounds.. Keep buying as they a great investments.

Thanks, Myself and everyone i let shoot the DE, has liked it.

Congrats on some great buys. They all look to be in beautiful condition.

I own an S & W 559 and 659. The trigger creep on the 559 (all steel version of the double stack 59) is absolutely horrendous. By the time it engages it feels like it should have fired at least 3 times. Yet the trigger pull on the 659 is really nice. Even better is the trigger on my CS 9.

Nice collection. Thanks for sharing.

That sounds about the same as the 439

Brownl345

Jan 9, 2015
    Howard County
    Beretta 92FS 9mm, For years now i have wanted one of these but wasnt willing to pay what some wanted and or the cond wasnt that great, this one seems to be just what i have been looking for. Big Thanks to Brownl345.

Haven't shot it yet, but what a beautiful pistol. Cant wait to take it out to the range. !!

You are going to love the way this gun shoots. I had to get used to the weight, because I had been spending more time at the range with my former Glock. But I will tell you the major difference: this Beretta NEVER malfunctioned, even with my wife limp-wristing it.

I qualified on the M9 way back when in the Air Force, but this gun was well maintained by the previous owner and not all beat to hell like armory guns.

Finally, your purchase helped me fund the 1979 Colt Python I just bought. I totally lucked into that one.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    You are going to love the way this gun shoots. I had to get used to the weight, because I had been spending more time at the range with my former Glock. But I will tell you the major difference: this Beretta NEVER malfunctioned, even with my wife limp-wristing it.

I qualified on the M9 way back when in the Air Force, but this gun was well maintained by the previous owner and not all beat to hell like armory guns.

Finally, your purchase helped me fund the 1979 Colt Python I just bought. I totally lucked into that one.

:shocked3: Pics brother!! Must see! and congrats on a awesome purchase!!

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    If you get the 44 MAG or 50AE you can just buy a barrel and magazine and change back and forth. However the .357 doesn't use the same bolt though just in case you have any interest in either of those.

I believe the newer DE's you can change the barrel and the bolt to change to 44Mag or 50, the older ones I not sure about.

Here's a site I found with a lot of DE info if you haven't seen it http://zvis.com/dep/dep.shtml

Mine's an older model XII in .357 with 6" and 14" barrels

Attachments

• DE 1.jpg
      DE 1.jpg
      144.8 KB · Views: 140
    • DE 2.jpg
      DE 2.jpg
      129.7 KB · Views: 146

Twofer

Regular Guy
    Dec 13, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Mine's an older model XII in .357 with 6" and 14" barrels

Very nice! The Desert Eagle is one of those "ehh, if I see a good deal on one" guns. I had a chance to shoot a friend's 44 mag...

Me: "You know this is a combat weapon right?"
    Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!

To everyone's surprise, including my own, I managed to put all eight in a 3" group at 10 yards.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Very nice! The Desert Eagle is one of those "ehh, if I see a good deal on one" guns. I had a chance to shoot a friend's 44 mag...

Me: "You know this is a combat weapon right?"
    Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!

To everyone's surprise, including my own, I managed to put all eight in a 3" group at 10 yards.

Yeah i get that, i would never have sprung for one at normal price, but i got such a good deal on it, I HAD to buy it

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom