• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mickey the Dragon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2009
    Ohio
    Not a fan either. A guy at the range with us had one and it was malfunctioning. He blamed his ammo. My DTI ran all day.

Do you have any more details about his malfunctions or how he had his rifle set up? A lot of people really like the 14.5" upper with a mid-length gas system, but that particular set-up can be picky when it comes to buffer weights and ammo quality. BCM tries to make that abundantly clear to their customers, but some people still don't seem to figure it out.

I really like my BCM upper. I don't think that it will somehow convey upon me either a) elite operator skillz or b) the ability to grow a beard. But I still like it and don't have any regrets with buying it.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Got 2 emails from BCM today. 1st was for the upper with the BFH barrel. Sold out before I could get on my computer.
    2nd was the enhanced lite weight upper, still available. Would this be too lite for FA fire?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    RRA Pistol Length Uppers:

RRA Pistol uppers: Some have pistol length gas ports Some are carbine length.

Read the print under the sub-headings:
    ''For pistol and SBR applications only, all NFA rules apply.''

mgrs

Nov 30, 2013
    BCM strikes just about the best balance between cost and quality. I just wish they would not laser etch their logo all over everything.

I don't think you gain much stepping up to the DD price range for a DI gun unless you go straight to Knight's for a couple hundred more. Better value at the $1000+ for an upper half price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom