• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • exhumed

Dec 6, 2010
    frederick co.
    Hi,I purchased a bauska 375 h&h from one of my friends for no reason really.He did not want it so we traded stuff,about 500.00 worth for me.
    can someone tell me about his rifle and if its a good brand and maybe what its worth.Its in nice shape and does not look to have been fired much.
    model is zkk-602.
    Thanks a bunch..

Last edited:

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Really!!!! I need to find the build date and see when it was made,or does that even matter.

Not sure. I'm kinda dumb when it comes to rifles. Shotguns and revolvers are my thing. Someone will be along shortly with a hell of a lot more knowledge than I.

exhumed

Dec 6, 2010
    frederick co.
    LOL,no africa trips for me,not sure what Im going to do with it really.probable put it in my safe and stare at it till I get time to fire it.

Last edited:

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    very nice!

my one BIL has .375 H&H and we set up a bunch of milk jugs filled with water at like 15 - 100 yards and shoot them far to near like a charging cape buffalo!

perfect gun for those large maryland whitetails!

just kidding of course, but easily enough gun for anything in North America.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    When I first saw the title, I misread it as 357 magnum and was expecting a lever gun. My bad.

Elephants beware....

Most countries in Africa require at least .40 caliber for dangerous game such as elephant (not the ghey .40 Short 'n Whimpy, oh, except for ghey elephants). In recent times that requirement was changed in some countries to .375 mininum.

I've never shot a large caliber like this so Im not sure what to expect yet.

Hang on to it tightly, have it pulled into your shoulder in a very solid manner and lean slightly into it in the offhand position. Without a scope on it, you'll be fine.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    My FIL has a .375 H&H that I sighted in. Listen to what Lou says. It is not a gun you will plink with. The recoil is considerable. I would also recommend you not fire it with a scope. Looks like a great trade. Congrats.

exhumed

Dec 6, 2010
    frederick co.
    I think my freind also still has a 458 win mag that i saw but the rifle it self was not as clean.maybe Ill grab that also but I think he wanted like 900.00 for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom