• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    People meeting their dealers with money in back alleys and cars. No, really, that's what he says we are are dealing with. I know, you are shocked. drug dealers! In Baltimore! Meeting in back alleys! Well, ok I grant you it used to be in the open-air markets in the late 90s so that has improved.

You can't make this up. This guy collects $190,000+ in taxpayer dollars every year.

I got an alert as I wrote this there were 2 more of these "drug deals gone bad." I am putting that in quotes cause I'm really skeptical. That makes 27 in 30 days.

But seriously, someone ask Batts how the dealers get CCW permits when the rest of us can't? I'm sure they filled out 77rs for those things.

It's like watching a train wreck. You want to tell them, go in reverse, but its too late.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...rijuana-legalization-20140130,0,4768798.story

"But what we're dealing with right now ... is that some people are putting themselves in a position to have these incidents taking place. I'm not saying the loss of life is anyone's fault, but when you're calling your weed dealer or drug dealer, and you show up with money and you get robbed and it turns into a shooting, that's what we're seeing

He continued, "If you call a guy who has weed, and you meet him in a dark alley, which we've had happen, those are ending up in very problematic ... situations."

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Well, according to liberal logic, people shouldn't meet the drug dealer in a dark alley, but rather during daylight on a heavily travelled public street. Then people won't end up in those "very problematic situations..."

How about he invite them all over to his house so that the drug deal can go down without any violence?

/sarcasm

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Hmmmm. Sound like a way to play high crime to the legalization of pot? Let's not take responsibility for the crime, let's just blame it on the same thing that has been happening for the last 50 years, but now we have a chance to legalize the illegal activities.

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    "We are starting to see a pattern of weed deliveries where drug victims are meeting dealers in cars," he said.

sounds like we better ban cars...make that assault cars...

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    This is the same guy who testified last February in front of the Senate JPR proclaiming his quixotic fidelity to the constitution by interpreting the preamble to frame his envisioned role as appointed Lord Protector. No surprise.

Hellrazr78

May 20, 2011
    Balt. Co.
    Hmmmm. Sound like a way to play high crime to the legalization of pot? Let's not take responsibility for the crime, let's just blame it on the same thing that has been happening for the last 50 years, but now we have a chance to legalize the illegal activities.

My thoughts exactly. Laying ground work for the latest hot button topic.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Legalize pot and you will see the murder/crime rate go down. Gangs don’t last too long when their source of revenue is cut off. Same thing happened to the mobsters of the 1920s. Prohibition ended and so did their gang careers…for the most part at least.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    I don't see where legalizing pot will impact the flow of kilos of harder drugs into Baltimore. I think I read recently the the busted kingpin was making $10K/kilo

chsnprodigy

Dec 24, 2012
    Good Job Baltimore! 25 homicides in 31 days. At this rate will be at 300 homicides by the end of the year. Maybe they should pass a bill that states "no drug dealing in dark allies, after the sun goes down" that will deffinitly cut down on the homicide rate!

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    In a general sense, what's the news in these reports?
    For years, Maryland and other liberal locales've been championing criminals' rights while trampling victims'. Because we've now had a generation grow up with this as the "norm", it may already be too late to turn back the tide. The only hope I can see, tho' even this's a long-shot at best, is for Newt Gingrich to run again (presuming someone can curb his excesses). He's the only politician I can think of who's (generally) got the right ideas and, presuming the Republicans don't shoot themselves in the foot again by electing another milk-toast candidate, can win a debate against Hillary or any of her fellow travelers.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    "But what we're dealing with right now ... is that some people are putting themselves in a position to have these incidents taking place. I'm not saying the loss of life is anyone's fault, but when you're calling your weed dealer or drug dealer, and you show up with money and you get robbed and it turns into a shooting, that's what we're seeing

He continued, "If you call a guy who has weed, and you meet him in a dark alley, which we've had happen, those are ending up in very problematic ... situations."

HUH?? Following his logic I can see how we end up blaming the gun instead of the killer!

XRider

Aug 9, 2010
    Surfside Beach SC
    I think Batts is being a bit misleading about pot and violence. I have no access to any real statistics but, as someone who grew up in the city and has worked downtown and travelled through east Baltimore hoods every day for over 30 years, I see the violence in the city as more attributable to the heroin trade.
    Not saying pot dealers can't be violent but herion has always been king in this city....

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Whenever I hear about 1 drug dealer killing another drug dealer, or junkie.
    I'm overcome by the urge the yell "Who gives a S***!

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    If someone meets a drug dealer in a back alley and the deal goes bad, the person should just pee on himself. Then the drug dealer will be turned off and won't want to hurt him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom