• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Well, I called to check on a Form4 I have in the pipe. Looks like the BATFE has a new phone system complete with option menus and hold music. :D

They say current wait time for Form1s and Form4s is approximately 6 months. A lot better than the 9 months they stated a couple of months ago.

Hoping mine gets approved a lot quicker, of course. Wondering if Form4s will go eFile soon as well. I heard they were working on getting that rolled out by or shortly after Shot Show.

Dave

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I got the same system on Tuesday. To check on a submission you must leave a message and they will return your call within two days. I have not heard anything yet but I'm patient. Trying to see if form 1 is pending, I was told you will not receive a pending email as before.
    Is the new system a good sign? I hear they are trying to go "green", I mean ban green. j/k

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    When I called recently, I was told Form 1s can take up to 4 months. (eFile - Trust).

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    Dave-

My latest form 4 was mailed November 12, 2014. It went pending on December 30, and was approved February 18, 2015. I have another in the pipeline that was mailed on January 21, and went pending on January 26 - before my check even cleared the bank. BATFE seems to be getting their act together.

Also, if you get the automated system, just hang up and call back later. Eventually, a living breathing human being will answer.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Actually I just hit option 3 and then 0 and got transferred to a live person and asked the status of my Form4. Was told it is still pending since Dec 15th.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom