• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    just in case someone missed it!

Bass Pro has Remington Gun Clubs on sale for $5.97... and if you want to buy on line they have a free shipping code- DEAL14..if you spend over $75.00.

have good one!

Last edited:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Friggin tax.....

I had 7 flats in my cart ready to go, I'm not paying $26.00 to MD.

tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    yeah, paying more to O'Mally is a put off! but that's because we have a Bass Pro here in MD...but free shipping by mail order saves the drive to Hanover and dealing with the people.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Yeah, cept for the $8 dollar toll to get into Cecil County.....

What is the $8 toll for? I will be coming and going from Long Island when I visit my wife's sister up there. Her first child is due late August, so the trips will be a lot more frequent now that my kids have a cousin on Long Island. Any way for me to avoid the $8 toll, or do I incur the toll on the trip to Long Island anyway?

BPS broke my wallet when it opened in Arundel Mills. Didn't help that I was just getting into trophy stripers. Then, I went to Cabelas in Harrisburg 10 years ago and the novelty of BPS wore off, not to mention going there nowadays means I need to worry more about my wallet being stolen than broken.

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    What is the $8 toll for? I will be coming and going from Long Island when I visit my wife's sister up there....

Prepare to bend over and squeal on your trips to Long Island. It's $8 at the MD toll into Cecil County on I95N. Then another $8 ($4 each way) on I95 in Delaware. Then it's $4 to cross the DE Memorial Bridge into New Jersey (south bound side). Then I don't know how much for tolls on the NJ turnpike both ways and then it's like $9 to $12 to cross over the bridges into New York depending on the time of day (peak hours are higher).

From Washington, DC to NY has to be the most expensive piece of highway in the US.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Prepare to bend over and squeal on your trips to Long Island. It's $8 at the MD toll into Cecil County on I95N. Then another $8 ($4 each way) on I95in Delaware. Then it's either $3 or $4 to cross the the DE Memorial Bridge in Jersey (south bound side). Then I don't know how much for tolls on the NJ turnpike both ways and the it's like $9 to $12 to cross over the bridges into New York depending on the time of day (peak hours are higher).

lol - I've been going to Long Island about once a year since I met my wife in 2003. Been plenty of squealing over tolls already. Heck, went up there 3 times in 2013. Once for the sister in-law's engagement party, then the bridal shower, then the wedding. Think it is something like $35 each way for tolls, but I could be wrong. Just wondering if I have to toss some additional squeal in the mix to make the stop at Cabela's, or if that pain is already included in the Long Island trip. Hell, stopping at Cabela's will make the Long Island trip less painful from a mental standpoint.

Better news is that we usually take the F350 up to Long Island, so there is plenty of room for goods. Bad news is that we usually take the F350 up to Long Island, so there is plenty of room for goods.

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    lol - I've been going to Long Island about once a year since I met my wife in 2003. Been plenty of squealing over tolls already. Heck, went up there 3 times in 2013. Once for the sister in-law's engagement party, then the bridal shower, then the wedding. Think it is something like $35 each way for tolls, but I could be wrong. Just wondering if I have to toss some additional squeal in the mix to make the stop at Cabela's, or if that pain is already included in the Long Island trip. Hell, stopping at Cabela's will make the Long Island trip less painful from a mental standpoint.

Better news is that we usually take the F350 up to Long Island, so there is plenty of room for goods. Bad news is that we usually take the F350 up to Long Island, so there is plenty of room for goods.

If you're going to Cabellas on the way home you can turn west at Philly and then keep heading west from there and turn south when you get to I83. Probably cheaper that way actually.

I grew up in South Jersey and still have family there. The $20 in tolls plus gas is ridiculous to go 180 mile round trip.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Only pay it on the way home so my Cabelas trips will only be on the way home from my parents house in quarryville. I take rte 1 up and 95 back ;)

You only pay it up (northbound).

I make a 14 minute detour (up the hill from Havre De Grace to the dam). on my way home sometimes. I'm 6 minutes the other side of that bullschit toll.

Do it quite often actually, Darlington is cool little town, a few very nice historic homes up there.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    You only pay it up (northbound).

I make a 14 minute detour (up the hill from Havre De Grace to the dam). on my way home sometimes. I'm 6 minutes the other side of that bullschit toll.

Do it quite often actually, Darlington is cool little town, a few very nice historic homes up there.

You typed what I meant. I take rte 1 UP to avoid the toll and i95 back to skip it on the way home.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    The website shows only the 7.5's on sale.
    They have 8's on sale in the store.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom