• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    Tonight, on the way back from dropping my daughter off at college in Manhattan, I stopped at the Walmart in Middletown, DE. Unfortunately, the ammo shelves were almost bare. They had NO rimfire, few pistol calibers, a few less-popular rifle calibers and just a few boxes of shotgun shells, mostly 20 gauge.

The great ammo drought of 2013 continues!

JoeR

mdbayboater

Nubie
    Jul 16, 2011
    Lake Shore, Maryland
    Tonight, on the way back from dropping my daughter off at college in Manhattan, I stopped at the Walmart in Middletown, DE. Unfortunately, the ammo shelves were almost bare. They had NO rimfire, few pistol calibers, a few less-popular rifle calibers and just a few boxes of shotgun shells, mostly 20 gauge.

The great ammo drought of 2013 continues!

JoeR

I know this doesn't help anyone here, but I travel a lot and just returned from a trip to Fort Hood, Texas. I stopped in a sporting goods store called Academy Sports in Killeen and their racks were completely loaded with handguns, AR platforms and an entire rack as long as most grocery store isles with probably at least a couple hundred thousand rounds of every round you could image except .22lr, ( I posted a couple of pic on my FB page) I asked the store manager and he said there was no problem with anything other than the .22lr and they typically receive a shipment of varied amounts every Mon, Wed and Friday and not unlike many locations here....the same cast of characters are lined up outside the store to buy up as much .22lr as they can as it comes in. He said they are all sitting in their folding chairs in a line right outside the door. At times I think I should become a mule and carry back ammo to sell here...next trip is to California...not expecting to see much there. It sucks to be stuck in the DELMARVA area...and it sucks the most to be in AACO in Maryland!

Attachments

• gun rack.jpg
      gun rack.jpg
      16.6 KB · Views: 389
    • ammorack.jpg
      ammorack.jpg
      19.8 KB · Views: 390

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    I know this doesn't help anyone here, but I travel a lot and just returned from a trip to Fort Hood, Texas. I stopped in a sporting goods store called Academy Sports in Killeen and their racks were completely loaded with handguns, AR platforms and an entire rack as long as most grocery store isles with probably at least a couple hundred thousand rounds of every round you could image except .22lr, ( I posted a couple of pic on my FB page) I asked the store manager and he said there was no problem with anything other than the .22lr and they typically receive a shipment of varied amounts every Mon, Wed and Friday and not unlike many locations here....the same cast of characters are lined up outside the store to buy up as much .22lr as they can as it comes in. He said they are all sitting in their folding chairs in a line right outside the door. At times I think I should become a mule and carry back ammo to sell here...next trip is to California...not expecting to see much there. It sucks to be stuck in the DELMARVA area...and it sucks the most to be in AACO in Maryland!

Were prices reasonable? I don't have an issue getting ammo... if I don't mind paying through the nose.

mdbayboater

Nubie
    Jul 16, 2011
    Lake Shore, Maryland
    Yes, guns too. I was looking to buy the MOSSBERG 715T for my daughters forever and I found them everywhere but here in MD. The ones I did find here in the PDRM were way overpriced...I saw one there (can't remember if it was a Wally World or Academy) but it was $219. BPS here have them for $279, but of course they did not have them in stock until after I ordered one on-line for $249 and had to pay a $40 transfer fee...again another perk of living in the PRDM!!!

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Walmart Columbia
    2 on the shelf plus 6 boxes of WWB 40

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      62 KB · Views: 385
    I need to go anywhere other than MARYLAND!! We were on Vacation in Myrtle Beach, SC (our future home state) and only came home with 100 Rnds of .22 mag. And that was from a Local Gun Shop/Range. Probably the hardest to find. We did however hit Bass Pro on delivery day & was able to get .22's but no Mags. They're out there. I have faith! Will find them!! :D

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    Towson has 2 more boxes of M-22, six or seven boxes of Winchester 555ct, 4 boxes of Remington thunderbolt if you're looking for .22

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    I was at the BP in AA county on Sunday. The only handgun round I saw on the shelves was .380. Maybe I miised it, but I didn't see any markings where
    9mm would be displayed?

DEX

scruffy-lookin nerfherder
    Aug 16, 2013
    Glen Burnie, MD
    It's behind where the register is in guns/hunting department. I glanced today and saw a pretty nice selection, including 9mm. Didn't get any b/c I'm set on 9s and don't believe on buying just to have them.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom