• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clutchNthrottle

Deadpooligan
    Feb 2, 2012
    Harford
    Hate to go to walamart because the same guys are there a hour early every day 6 days a week

That's Ok cuz the feds are :innocent0 making a list and will be checking it twice... :deal: Now I don't have a custom fitted tinfoil hat but I'm leery of buying ammo at the Wal marts that stock strictly at 7am. Think about this, WM is a gigantic corporation, part of the reason they got this was is through efficiency, which includes ALL of their stores doing the SAME THING, the SAME WAY, ALL of the TIME. Why TF are only SOME stores socking ammo in the am and the rest at night? If stocking at 7am is truly corporate policy as we've been told, wouldn't ALL of the stores have to comply?

If you wanted to make a list of who, in a general area, WANTS ammo the MOST and who is buying the largest QUANTATIES, what would be the easiest (and cheapest) way to get them all in the same place at the same time? Make ammo available (in limited quantities) on a first come, first served basis, at the same time, at the same place, every day.

Sure you might think you're safe if you pay cash and don't use a credit card, but you aren't Sandra Bullock and this isn't "The Net", circa 1995. Today, in the real world, facial recognition software is in wide use, and the SG departments in WM have multiple cameras, that are probably transmitting wirelessly, unencrypted, and providing crystal clear images since targets are encouraged to sit still, in one preplanned spot, for significant amounts of time!

As a bonus, in this era sequestration and furloughs, wouldn't it be more cost effective for a department/agency to filter though 20-30 min video rather than a few hours? Now I have ZERO evidence, it's just my theory, but if I wanted to build a database about who feels they NEED ammo most urgently, this is how I would do it. It's fast, cheap, easy, ACCURATE and UNTRACEABLE. Just the way the govt likes it. All the store manager needs is a nudge, a wink, and hand shake, a pat on the back and I bet they haven't been bugged by any Union reps since... :tinfoil:

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    The .22 at Bass Pro is Remington 525 packs for 24 and change after taxes. Also have a couple boxes of .38, a bunch of .44 mag and .357 sig, the little blue boxes that I think are either 5.56 or .223 (don't have anything that will shoot it so didn't look close), and assorted Herters Custom (mostly 500 s&w).

Clutch, you either need to stop drinking for the day or start ;). Seriously, there is no need for them to waste resources doing facial recognition on retail cctv footage. If they want to know who likely has guns and ammo all they have to do is pull a report of who the ATF has run NICS checks on and have an automated search program pull user info off all the gun websites out there.

vballbach

Jan 16, 2013
    Odenton, MD
    Juststopped by BP and they have about 40ish boxes of remington 22s. At the rate of 1/customer, they should be there by end of the work day.

About 15 boxes of independence 556 bowes of 20 for $11. Those are probably gone by now.

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    For the first time ever (since this started), I came out off Wal-Mart in Westminster with ammo. 'twas about 5:30 p.m. I went in to get some printer ink & a gun cleaning bristle brush. While I was perusing the selection, the sporting goods associate comes out with a shopping cart of ammo. He answers a phone call..."I'm opening it now...we have some .223...no we cannot hold it..." I had my brush to pay for, and asked :innocent0 did they have any .22lr (no), 9mm (no) or .223 (yes, two boxes). I bought them both. My apologies to the caller.

May 29, 2013
    Federal AutoMatch Target Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Lead Round Nose Box of 325
    Product #: 193520 Federal Premium #: AM22 (325) UPC #: 029465057350
    3.0 @ midway for 14.99 but same price for shipping

rocksnsticks

Jan 20, 2013
    Westminster MD
    Do folks still line up at Bass Pro for the running to the ammo counter ? Seems like the ammo blockade is starting to crumble and was thinking it would be funny if those re-sellers without firearms would get stuck with boxes and boxes of ammo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom