• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Look, any AR15 caliber over .24 is going to require a barrel comparable to a 5.56 heavy barrel. The 350 Legend is .35 caliber. You are fine. I doubt anyone even makes a heavy 350 barrel.

Never say Never . It's physically possible , and if someone ordered one , a Custom 'smith with a lathe could make a bull barrel n .350 .

What is physically impossible to do , is make a Lightweight AR-15 bbl in .35 cal .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Why? It’s marketed as a HBAR.

And it gets really twilight zone , when identical Bbls have different descriptions from respective makers .

A SOCOM profile Bbl from actual Colt , is advertised as " Heavy " , and identical measuring Bbl from BCM is advertised as ' medium ' .

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    And it gets really twilight zone , when identical Bbls have different descriptions from respective makers .

A SOCOM profile Bbl from actual Colt , is advertised as " Heavy " , and identical measuring Bbl from BCM is advertised as ' medium ' .
    Yep. MSP said if it’s marked/marketed as a HBAR, it’s good to go…who am I to argue with their “logic”?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    MSP has yet to make the argument. Unless I missed it. ;)
    There's pluses and minuses to the MSP making recommendations. They have allowed things I think are not actually legal under the law, and I prefer to not take their word for it.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    There's pluses and minuses to the MSP making recommendations. They have allowed things I think are not actually legal under the law, and I prefer to not take their word for it.
    Just print out the letter.

I agree, their stupidity creates potential legal jeopardy.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    MD only cares about military clones and basically anything seen in 80’s action movies

Werent no such thing as .300 Black or 6.5 Grendel yet so those are fine

Dont we all feel so much safer.

At various years , there is overlap between MGA " evil lists " and US Congress .

It might seem a joke , but in both , there were junior staffers flipping through Shooters Bible and Gun Digest , pointing at anything that looked scary .

In 2013 , AR-15 were banned by name , and the exemption of Colt HBAR continued .

MSP gleefully interpreted all other makers " Regular " AR to be banned . But even MSP couldn't keep a straight face to " give Advisory Letters " than only Colt Sporter Target HBAR were were legal , and every other HBAR was totally different .

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Just print out the letter.
    Is there a letter that says it only applies to 223? My issue is the old "what is a copy?" letter that says 100% parts interchangeability, and technically speaking, that is true for a .300 BLK AR-15 with a .223 AR-15. Dumb, but it's true.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Never say Never . It's physically possible , and if someone ordered one , a Custom 'smith with a lathe could make a bull barrel n .350 .

What is physically impossible to do , is make a Lightweight AR-15 bbl in .35 cal .
    I never do... :D

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Is there a letter that says it only applies to 223? My issue is the old "what is a copy?" letter that says 100% parts interchangeability, and technically speaking, that is true for a .300 BLK AR-15 with a .223 AR-15. Dumb, but it's true.
    Nope. Enjoy firing .223 through your 300 BLK barrel. So…

Dumb but true…

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Doctors get vacations? lol Hope your doing something fun.
    You’d be surprised how many people get legitimately angry when their doctor goes on vacation! It turned into a staycation. Took apart some watches, played with my metal lathe (total beginner…messed a few things up), going to the range soon. Spent some QT with the missus. I needed this week.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    You’d be surprised how many people get legitimately angry when their doctor goes on vacation! It turned into a staycation. Took apart some watches, played with my metal lathe (total beginner…messed a few things up), going to the range soon. Spent some QT with the missus. I needed this week.
    I love staycations. Totally hassle free(unless I get nagged to go do something :)).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom