• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    BOA is a shining example of what's wrong with America.

People bitch soo much about it, yet they continue to use it.
    If my recent purchased don't go through because of a new BOA 'policy', I will move my money to another bank without hesitation. It's my money, I'll spend it how I like. But if this does truly happen I now more than ever fear that our country has completely gone over the cliff and that we are at a tipping point in our history as a nation.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    i just made a purchase last night. it seemed to go through fine.

ill certainly let you know if it gets rejected, but i doubt it.

BOA is americas largest bank, with so many thousands of people buying guns and ammo right now this would already be 100% confirmed with lots of evidence posted all over by now if it were true.

if it happens ill be looking to take all my business elsewhere, ive been banking with them since opening my first account as a teen and they've always been good to me, but if they pulled something like this id be gone in an instant.

dfens42

Publius
    Jun 7, 2012
    Free America-WV Province
    They lost my business a couple years ago. Moved to SECU and had no problems. Most people in MD can get an account there if you really scan the list of qualifying organizations. USAA is also an excellent choice, or Navy Federal.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    I call ******** on this one. I have both a credit card and a debit card with that bank and I've bought a bunch of guns and ammo with these cards in recent weeks.

And Bank of America doesn't authorize the transaction, Visa or Mastercard does.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    Locals are becoming rare. The either go out of business or get eaten up by larger ones.

thats because all these financial regulations are destroying them.

plus, when the government has now codified "too big to fail" in the law, big banks now have inherent backing by the government, by definition smaller banks have now become less secure than big banks and they are going out of business at a rapid pace.

this is all by design of course.

once there are only 2 or 3 banks in the country it becomes much easier for the government and banks to work together and do what they want, and then eventually for the government to take over.

we desperately need a restoration of liberty in america, and not just little jabs here and there, we need to overnight abolish whole departments, instantly eradicating thousands of pages of regulations, and then put in place laws that require all regulations to be voted on in congress before they can take effect.

nothing short of radical slashing of the government will work any more, and im sorry if you work for these government agencies, like i know many around here do, but its the truth.

pilotguy

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Woodstock, MD
    BOA is one of my old customers, and I can tell you that their bottom line is MONEY. They really don't care where it comes from. They are one of the largest banks in the world. So when I see a handful of people having trouble with them, I don't count that as gospel. Now if there were thousands of people reporting such incidents then I would suspect a change in their policy.

As for the customer service rep possibly giving out incorrect info on the phone (in the Youtube video) that has been going on forever in corporate America. I fly all over the world on United, and every time I call customer service for a problem, I get someone who either does not know their policy, or makes up a new one. It is so bad that on Flyertalk, they have a saying--"just hang up and call back."

I personally don't bank with BOA but my mortgage was bought by them a few years ago. They notarize my certification of trust for my NFA trust without issue as well.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    BOA is a shining example of what's wrong with America.

People bitch soo much about it, yet they continue to use it.

Yea, what's up with that? It's like Walmart-nobody wants a super Walmart built in their town, but everyone loves to shop there as long as it's 'somewhere else'.......:sad20:

But as always, first confirm facts, then over-react....

Stein79

Surf&Turf
    Feb 3, 2011
    Murderland
    Probably bull. I ordered a case and was charged the other day. Just received the ammo. That being said, I am switching cards since boa is anti 2A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom