• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Think you’re missing the point of my original post. I’d like to find a place to hunt within a reasonable distance of my house that I can control who hunts with me and how close hunters are to one another. Would like to help manage a herd and land. Not worried about killing monsters and getting paid for does. Just a nice place to spend time afield with friends. And life has been very good to me and I count my blessings every day. That doesn’t mean I stop looking for opportunities to enhance mine and the people I care for lives.
    Take care
    Next time, state your point then instead of posing questions irrelevant to what you quoted and being challenged for a place to hunt in a vague manner. And maybe I did, I'm not a mind reader.
    My point was, the farm bureau is offering prize money for showing up with a doe at designated locations identified in specific counties.
    The possibility exists, someone on the forum hunts in one of them and is familiar with where they're administering check in's and prize money for a successful hunter and a potential op for managing a herd simultaneously.
    Part of of having blessings is understanding the ability to develop from what you learn from them and then celebrating them.
    You dont have to take any prize money anyway, you could give it to a needy family or your favorite charity if one should so shall choose.

outrider58

Here's looking at you kid
    MDS Supporter
    Next time, state your point then instead of posing questions irrelevant to what you quoted and being challenged for a place to hunt in a vague manner. And maybe I did, I'm not a mind reader.
    My point was, the farm bureau is offering prize money for showing up with a doe at designated locations identified in specific counties.
    The possibility exists, someone on the forum hunts in one of them and is familiar with where they're administering check in's and prize money for a successful hunter and a potential op for managing a herd simultaneously.
    Part of of having blessings is understanding the ability to develop from what you learn from them and then celebrating them.
    You dont have to take any prize money anyway, you could give it to a needy family or your favorite charity if one should so shall choose.
    What exactly, is the farm bureau, and where does it exist in Merrland? Everywhere? Is there one FB for the entire state? Why don't they do this everywhere in Md?

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    And now back to the harvesting… congrats on the late season doe(s) gents.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Sooooo,
    Taking Friday off,
    Zero interest in Bucks,, I need 2-3 small-med does
    Any suggestions ?
    The small property I hunt has not seen a deer on camera in 3-4 weeks.

Looking for any/All suggestions and/or offers.

Mike3888

Mike3888
    Feb 21, 2013
    Dundalk, Md-Mifflin,Pa
    Add Queen Anne’s county to list and I’m in. LOL
    Photo taken a few minutes ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0356.jpeg
      IMG_0356.jpeg
      293.4 KB · Views: 59

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Go back and read my original post. I did state my point. I definitely did not ask a question. Wasn’t looking to start shyt

outrider58

Here's looking at you kid
    MDS Supporter
    Go back and read my original post. I did state my point. I definitely did not ask a question. Wasn’t looking to start shyt
    I think there is a bit of a misunderstanding here. I don't know where the train left the rails, but I respect both your opinions and I don't think you are far apart. Mebbe a restart, or something, is in order.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Sooooo,
    Taking Friday off,
    Zero interest in Bucks,, I need 2-3 small-med does
    Any suggestions ?
    The small property I hunt has not seen a deer on camera in 3-4 weeks.

Looking for any/All suggestions and/or offers.
    I know PG has some bow only areas that you sign up for. People I know that have hunted these areas always see deer. GL

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    Haha! Good luck brother!
    Yeah,, I got caught with my pants down.
    20+ years ago I was a public land slayer,,
    Last 15 years I drifted to management hunts with 3 counties and my little (tiny) spot butting up to public.
    I dropped one counties management hunts 2 years ago,, as they were unproductive,,
    Late summer I asked to be put on a year hold with one county (was going to WY in Oct)
    The final counties hunt was unproductive for me,,
    My little private spot has not had a deer on camera since Nov 25th,,,

The "perfect Storm" of no deer in ML , Firearm, management.
    And I have not been on "open Public" in decades,,,

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    I know PG has some bow only areas that you sign up for. People I know that have hunted these areas always see deer. GL
    I do some bow only on those,,, but it's late season,, firearms weekend,, I need to go out and drop a few does friday,, no time to watch deer wandering around 5 yards outta bow range.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I do some bow only on those,,, but it's late season,, firearms weekend,, I need to go out and drop a few does friday,, no time to watch deer wandering around 5 yards outta bow range.
    I get that. As you , I and others have noted they are very nocturnal in heavily used areas.
    Best of luck to you.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I think there is a bit of a misunderstanding here. I don't know where the train left the rails, but I respect both your opinions and I don't think you are far apart. Mebbe a restart, or something, is in order.
    No misunderstanding on my behalf. I posted info for persons interested in participating in a doe harvest challenge and rewards associated with a lottery.
    Maybe I wasn't clear enough or didn't include a link for additional details when I launched.
    The Farm Bureau is local people working with state and sometimes even fed entities in addition to universities who are interested in agriculture and its impact on the local economy, state economy preservation and management of the ag community and continuing its resources. Agriculture is the largest commercial industry in our state and contributes nearly 9 billion annually to the economy as a whole.
    And they're having a doe shoot next week with prizes for those that check a deer in and participate in the lottery its sponsoring.

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Went to Alabama over Thanksgiving week and my wife and I did 4 days of deer. She got a really big doe with a 6.8 AR I built her and I got a nice 8 point with my AR10.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Huge difference between public land center of the state and the shore. I went out one time on the last day and deer rifle season at Blairs valley. They was a guy in every hedgerow, every 40 yards. If a doe ran through that field their would be interlacing fire at her and they would all be shooting at each other. Scared the carp out of me and got out of there fast.

Sounded like Doco was going to set you up, but I think that is done now.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Went to Alabama over Thanksgiving week and my wife and I did 4 days of deer. She got a really big doe with a 6.8 AR I built her and I got a nice 8 point with my AR10.
    Congrats to you both. What round did you give her? I just got a 6.8 upper and building the rounds now. Waiting on casings and cast supposed 126 bullets coming out to 139 - 140, but I'll see how heavy works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom