• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I am either dumb or persistent. Back out for the last hour of shooting light. I had to get some venison chili cooking and pickup my high schooler. Scared off a little spike 40yds from my stand walking in and there were some good sized does 200yds away in the neighbor’s yard.

Fingers crossed a nice buck wanders in.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Sure they ain't just locked down?
    Sure is possible. I got a picture of one licking the rear end of a doe last week. I'll keep trying when time and wind allow, just stating what I see.

Every sit this week I saw several doe. Just no bucks followed them.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Hard to hear movement on these wet leaves this morning. Can't even hear the squirrels running around. Two does completely snuck up on me about a half hour ago, but nobody was following them.

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    I
    Hard to hear movement on these wet leaves this morning. Can't even hear the squirrels running around. Two does completely snuck up on me about a half hour ago, but nobody was following them.
    Have been covered up with deer all morning. I watched 2 shooter 8s walk under the tree I've been hunting, 45 yards from where I'm hunting now. Don't it figure?

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I

Have been covered up with deer all morning. I watched 2 shooter 8s walk under the tree I've been hunting, 45 yards from where I'm hunting now. Don't it figure?
    I'm in a blind I haven't hunted yet this year. Saw a branch close to my shooting lane when I got it, so I broke it off. Then a looked down...fresh scrape. Yup, I broke off the licking branch right in front of my blind :banghead:

Bout to wrap it up for the morning. My butt is sore

rossiski

Dec 28, 2019
    Carroll County
    Son got his first buck this morning!!

Attachments

• IMG_7266.jpeg
      IMG_7266.jpeg
      725.9 KB · Views: 75

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    Son got his first buck this morning!!
    Thats awesome!!
    I have taken 4 different kids ( all adults now ) out to get their first deer. The excitement and rush is indescribable. Sadly only one of them still hunts, but they still tell me how grateful they were for me taking them.

Tell us more about the hunt. How excited was he? Shot placement ? etc

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    School me on the junior hunt day. You can still bow hunt deer as an adult during the junior hunt, right? But you have to wear blaze orange?

Thanks!

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    morning all. looking to procure some venison. happy to pay of course. looking for ground and sausage. i'm in Moscow County (MoCo) and willing to drive about 45 mins to pick up. thanks in advance.

~kb

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Someone's 15 year old scored. First gun shot I've heard all season. Congrats to whomever took one down. Heard no shots the entire muzzle loader season other than empty the gun oclock. Def been a slow year. Normally it's cannon fire all weekend that first weekend of muzzle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom