• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    It’s still on. Anyone going yet?
    I went out with the muzzleloader last Saturday to a different location than I usually hunt. Only seen one small doe all day. I’m going to try my luck again this Saturday morning. Going to be cold!! The forecast says the low temperature on Saturday morning in the Frederick area is 7°. Hopefully, with those low temperatures they will be moving.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    I'm off all next week. I'm still bone hunting. Today would have been a perfect day to be in a tree. I'm hoping for a day or two like this next week. I've killed some of my best deer this week. :fingerscrossed:
    Yeah, muzzleloader season has been very nice to me in the past as well. I wish I could have gone out this evening. Should’ve been a good evening.

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Was in the mood for some forest veal.

Attachments

• AD11C1F4-DC4E-4A9C-8618-07E1006DB0D2.jpeg
      AD11C1F4-DC4E-4A9C-8618-07E1006DB0D2.jpeg
      297.9 KB · Views: 76

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    Yeah, muzzleloader season has been very nice to me in the past as well. I wish I could have gone out this evening. Should’ve been a good evening.
    I saw deer everywhere on my way home from work this evening. I was really wishing to be in the woods.
    I have off next week.Hoping for decent weather

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    My season is for sure done. I was hoping for eastern shore late gun. But now I am waiting to find out if throwing 5# engineer’s hammer on to the top of my foot yesterday only sprained it or if it is broken. Either way, I am guessing I need to be off it at least a couple of weeks. If not a lot more.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    My season is for sure done. I was hoping for eastern shore late gun. But now I am waiting to find out if throwing 5# engineer’s hammer on to the top of my foot yesterday only sprained it or if it is broken. Either way, I am guessing I need to be off it at least a couple of weeks. If not a lot more.
    Sorry to hear that. I’ve stopped my season earlier for less but being benched due to injury sucks. You have over a month to get out so hopefully you’ll still get a couple sits in.

outrider58

Loves Red Balloons
    MDS Supporter
    I suffered a similar fate Monday. My 12' 1/8" thick steel straight edge(for cutting carpet seams) slid off my work table lengthwise, landing on the bridge of my foot like a guillotine. All 20#+ of it. It only hurts when I laugh... :D

Hope you feel better.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I went out with the muzzleloader last Saturday to a different location than I usually hunt. Only seen one small doe all day. I’m going to try my luck again this Saturday morning. Going to be cold!! The forecast says the low temperature on Saturday morning in the Frederick area is 7°. Hopefully, with those low temperatures they will be moving.
    I am planning Sat morning,,,, But the wind!!!
    I love the cold,, but hate the wind

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I suffered a similar fate Monday. My 12' 1/8" thick steel straight edge(for cutting carpet seams) slid off my work table lengthwise, landing on the bridge of my foot like a guillotine. All 20#+ of it. It only hurts when I laugh... :D

Hope you feel better.
    Thanks. The good news is, after the x-ray, it ain't broke. The bad news is, my foot didn't get that memo and still hurts a ton putting any weight on it that flexes it.

I figure a few days and maybe I can limp around without hating life. So maybe I won't be out of the late season, but I am not making any plans until next weekend. I hope you heal up fast to!

Heck, I've been laughing about it a ton. I was only out splitting wood by hand because my wood splitter engine played pole vault with the piston and rod. I was smacking the back of the maul with the engineer's hammer to split a big round. I ordered a new horizontal crank engine, pump mount and coupler to fit on the shaft since the old engine used a 7/8ths shaft and not 3/4s like almost all ~7hp motors seem to use. Well, I hadn't realized it, but all of the parts had been delivered yesterday! They weren't supposed to show up until late next week. That plus intentionally spreading my feet so the axe bit or hammer wouldn't go straight down and hit my foot. Well, it glanced off to the edge of the maul and right out of my hands. If I'd just been standing normal, it would have shot off and missed my foot.

Someone up there is telling me maybe I should have just been sat my butt on a couch and enjoyed a beer on my day off instead.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    I'm done for the year, our freezer is full as can be.

My neighbor has been asking about duck hunting, but I don't even know where to start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom