• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    SARASOTA, Fla. - - Orioles designated hitter Luke Scott understands the purpose behind Major League Baseball's recent directive prohibiting guns and other deadly weapons from clubhouses, and said he'll abide by it. He just doesn't agree with the ban.

"I don't think that everyone else should pay for the mistakes of a few," said Scott, one of baseball's most vocal gun rights proponents. "There is a good reason behind the rule, I can't deny that. The reason is you cannot trust 25 guys in a locker room to have the same respect and training as I do with a weapon. That I do understand. I've carried a gun for 10 years. I've carried them in the locker room, and nobody really knows about it. I know how to handle myself, and I stow it away where nobody really knows about it."
    ~more..........
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bal-sp.osnotes27feb27,0,6425091.story

Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    Care to comment?
    http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/schmuck/2010/02/luke_sticks_to_his_guns.html

A Schmuck he is when it comes to the 2A. He's on Fridays with C4!
    Lambo

February 27, 2010

Luke sticks to his guns

lukeap.jpg

I'm sure most of you have read Jeff Zrebiec's story on Luke Scott and his reaction to Major League Baseball's ban on bringing firearms -- even legal, licensed ones carried by players with government-issued carry permits -- into the clubhouse.
    Luke's reaction is not surprising. He's a strong gun-rights advocate, but even he concedes that the rule makes sense, since MLB can't assume that everyone who wants to possess a weapon is qualified to do so safely.
    This isn't a Second Amendment issue. Nobody's telling Luke he can't keep a firearm in his home. The clubhouse is controlled by the Orioles and Major League Baseball, so the constutional protection on their premises belongs them them, not their employees.
    The issue isn't new. MLB actually instituted the ban last year in reaction to the some highly publicized incidents involving players and guns. Orioles president Andy MacPhail told Jeff that the ban is "entirely appropriate."
    Of course, I'll be interested to hear you take on the matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom