• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Why do all ranges demand that you be a member of the NRA? For the VERY little that they have done for gun owners in MD,

Really? I thought Maryland failed it's attempt to secede from the Union.

Samuel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 12, 2012
    Those all sound like plausible answers. I want to join an outdoor range but wish I didn't have to give the NRA money to do so.
    Come on guys. Yes it would be nice if more clubs really got behind the SAF but even in spite of all the NRAs flaws its not a bad organization to join or send money.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Those all sound like plausible answers. I want to join an outdoor range but wish I didn't have to give the NRA money to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you belong to and support any national gun rights group? I only ask because all too many people bitch and complain about gun laws yet don't belong to any guns rights organizations. MSI does nothing on the national level and that's where the big battles are. The NRA is not perfect but it is the biggest group fighting for out rights. Without it we'd really have problems.

Samuel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 12, 2012
    On a very practical level the NRA has created the standard for firearms safety training by which any other course is measured by. The NRA has a good system in place to make this training available conveniently and inexpensively nationwide. The NRA has the only program I'm aware of (Eddie Eagle) specifically dedicated to teaching young children about gun safety.

Beyond safety training the NRA has been the backbone of firearms sport in this country. All the new tactical 3gun, practical shooting competitions are relatively new trends but the NRA still sponsors the old classics at your local club with the intention of developing & preserving marksmanship skills in our country.

These are good, and absolutely essential jobs the NRA does more and better than anyone else. The NRA is not perfect but where would we be without them? Thats why your local club continues to support them and its why you should too.

eagecl

Mar 6, 2012
    Number 2 here. I'll try again next year. 15 minutes away vs. 45 minutes is the difference between shooting multiple times a month, vs. once a month.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Number 2 here. I'll try again next year. 15 minutes away vs. 45 minutes is the difference between shooting multiple times a month, vs. once a month.

That was my reason as well. I am a member an AGC club and haven't bought a range badge in several years. I just don't have the extra time for the travel.

Like I said, there is always next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom