• TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    right-to-bear-arms.gif

Unit3960

Feb 11, 2011
    Harford Co. MD
    I guess when we display our stickers, we'll find out...but I really do not think that it was meant to target anyone displaying the sticker. Just my opinion.

Oreo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 23, 2008
    Just curious...

Do the Marines have "intelligence bulletins" warning them how to spot off-duty Baltimore City Police?

:evilgrin3
    And yet I bet not a politician or a cop in the whole of the police force would find it funny if such a bulletin were officially circulated among the Marines by some "domestic terror intelligence dept." Not even if it were "strictly informational."

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    This from a close friend with whom I had the pleasure to serve with in the intelligence community. He, by the way, carries the scars of war, having been shot up pretty badly in Viet Nam:

I agree [that the BCP decal is adsurd]...how about my US Army Retired and Combat Infantryman Badge decals and a PH tag!

Remember the words of Janet Napolitano to wit, returning veterans may be subject to "Right-Wing Extremist recruitment".

The opponents of the 2d Amendment are everywhere. I go to the range once a week...I haven't lost any marksmanship ability.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    hey. my friend who is a liberal constitutional defense lawyer says this is profiling. ACLU should be notified if anyone is pulled over and detained and/ or are arrested on a 1st amendment right.

coupla things in play here.

Oreo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 23, 2008
    I don't think people will get pulled over just for the sticker. People with the sticker who do get pulled over will be treated differently however.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    hey. my friend who is a liberal constitutional defense lawyer says this is profiling. ACLU should be notified if anyone is pulled over and detained and/ or are arrested on a 1st amendment right.

Remeber in a trail there is always a right attorney and a wrong attorney...the title alone doesnt mean you are correct on you assumption.

If someone gets stopped and the officer says "It's because of your sticker" that could be profiling.

If you are stopped for a legal reason (violation of traffic article) then it's a none issue. SCOTUS says pre-textual stops are OKAY as long as you have a legal basis for the stop.

And you likely arent going to find an officer in the state that is going to arrest you based off of your sticker alone...so the 1st arguement is moot.

Hyper-W

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2010
    Cooksville
    woodstock said:

You need better friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    This from a close friend with whom I had the pleasure to serve with in the intelligence community. He, by the way, carries the scars of war, having been shot up pretty badly in Viet Nam:

I agree [that the BCP decal is adsurd]...how about my US Army Retired and Combat Infantryman Badge decals and a PH tag!

Remember the words of Janet Napolitano to wit, returning veterans may be subject to "Right-Wing Extremist recruitment".

The opponents of the 2d Amendment are everywhere. I go to the range once a week...I haven't lost any marksmanship ability.

+1.....:party29:

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    We have to remember, a legit traffic stop (a violation of traffic code) should be the determining factor. If we happen to have the sticker on our vehicle, it could clue the officer in on our beliefs. I am not ashamed if someone knows I support the 2nd admendment. I do not want to be treated differently. The same could be said for someone with other stickers "coexist", "pro-choice", "little gym", or "legalize marijuana".

The stickers are not to cause alarm, but to show others our thoughts and interests.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If as Larry Pratt of GOA states "this bulletin may keep me from exercising my first amendment rights for fear of what LE might do" then it could amount to illegal prior restraint if you wanted to try and make that case. Possibly hard to make the connection but food for thought.

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    I had a run-in with Baltimore Police recently regarding gun stickers on my car.

I was working an event a few weeks ago for some foreign dignitaries/diplomats/whoever at a fancy mansion that had a uniformed officer at the front gate for security. I was just helping load some gear in and out, so I showed up before the event and left before it started. On my way out the first time, I stopped to talk briefly with the officer about the fact that I would be returning later after the event was over, just so he would recognize me when I came back and I wouldn't have any trouble getting back in.

He noticed the plethora of gun/2A stickers on the rear of my car and said "Hmm, so you like to shoot - that's good." I replied "Yup, it's a great hobby!" and that was pretty much the end of it. Go figure. I wonder if he's a member here.

ke3gk

HAM from U.N.C.L.E.
    Aug 27, 2007
    Glen Burnie
    I had a run-in with Baltimore Police recently regarding gun stickers on my car.

He noticed the plethora of gun/2A stickers on the rear of my car and said "Hmm, so you like to shoot - that's good." I replied "Yup, it's a great hobby!" and that was pretty much the end of it. Go figure. I wonder if he's a member here.

I don't consider that a RUN-IN - that was a nice freindly chat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom