• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    PLaying Devils Advocate here... but how can we argue SB281, etc and homicides when DC's rate is so much lower than Baltimore? They'll just say, see? In DC, the gun laws are stricter and that's why the rate/100k is lower. :shrug

We don't.

Guns and crime are not related in any way other than inverse correlation.

Baltimore is a failed city and it will destroy the rest of Maryland if we let it. That is all.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    PLaying Devils Advocate here... but how can we argue SB281, etc and homicides when DC's rate is so much lower than Baltimore? They'll just say, see? In DC, the gun laws are stricter and that's why the rate/100k is lower. :shrug

Roland Park has a homicide rate on par with the suburbs, much better than DC. Gun laws have nothing to do with it. Its mostly economics, urban redevelopment (gentrification), reduction in section 8 housing. Washington DC has been going through slow gentrification.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Sterilize them all at birth. I hate the city and everything about it except Ft McHenry. I say flood the entire city and start fresh. However make sure Sabatino's and Tio Pepe's remain undamaged.

magnetic1

Jun 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Roland Park has a homicide rate on par with the suburbs, much better than DC. Gun laws have nothing to do with it. Its mostly economics, urban redevelopment (gentrification), reduction in section 8 housing. Washington DC has been going through slow gentrification.

I agree totally, but then we cannot say SB281 either makes us safer or not (with or without sarcasm) ;)

For the record, I hate SB281. But I know how these debates end up going w/ my libtard friends :P

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    Funny to be reading this as the city police helicopter flies over. Seems to be a nightly thing in sunny north east baltimore. I sure am glad to have the ability to protect myself and my wife if need be.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I agree totally, but then we cannot say SB281 either makes us safer or not (with or without sarcasm) ;)

For the record, I hate SB281. But I know how these debates end up going w/ my libtard friends :P

Ok once more..

It makes no difference.

To infringe on a right the government carries the burden of proof. Period.

Please stop yielding ground before we even start.

And if they can't get it move on to folks that can.. Time is to short to get sucked into Orwellian dead ends.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Baltimore is going to turn into another New Orleans. A Welfare City where the government helps citizens with their Welfare apps so as to bring more $$ into the city. They won't seem to prosecute those bringing welfare $$ into the city.

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    gang power vacuums are associated with escalated violence.

Baltimore announced 48 arrests,

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...ack-guerrilla-family-20131107,0,4085695.story

so I would personally expect the next few months to be rockier than the summer. Sorry, no Christmas break for the gangsters

They arrested people? BFD. I'm sure the State's attorney just ushered them all out the back door and gave them a ride back to where they came from.

Remember Public Enemy #1? The one that executed a guy on a playground ? He was arrested for armed robbery, let go, and murdered that guy 2 hours later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr H

Banana'd
    They arrested people? BFD. I'm sure the State's attorney just ushered them all out the back door and gave them a ride back to where they came from.

Remember Public Enemy #1? The one that executed a guy on a playground ? He was arrested for armed robbery, let go, and murdered that guy 2 hours later.

I'm wondering about these "arrests" of BGF members.

Were they all 'in the wild', or were some of them already in lockup for other things?

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    The double murder in upper fells point is across from a rental property my company has. Great block, normally no trouble. Half the people are Johns Hopkins employees, has our tenants worried for their safety, which means they'll move when their lease is up for a place with security guards.

Called BGE about an illegal power hookup to our property there as well today, rehab next door is jumping power till BGE connects them, BGE said it will have to wait till at least 2 trucks are available to service the safety issue because they are concerned for the safety of their employee's in the area.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I'm wondering about these "arrests" of BGF members.

Were they all 'in the wild', or were some of them already in lockup for other things?

all good points. The article does not say how many were already in lockup. Although, I am not really sure it matters because its pretty clear the BGF runs their op directly from the jails. Putting them in jail may be a promotion that gets them closer to leadership.

And even if they are off the streets, in solitary, or dead, the demand does not go away so another school dropout will step in the fill the vacuum. At some point you'd think that the residents would realize that the police's #1 priority is the reputation of the police and protecting the perks, but the human capacity for denial seems to be boundless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom