• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SungJunKim

R.I.P.
    Dec 25, 2009
    This was a training video I saw during MP school. I think the backstory was that the subject had shot and killed a LEO and attempted to escape custody.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    Hell you'd think they'd have at least patted the guy down. I'd bet there was some remedial training after this.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    This video is shown in every police academy today as a training tool. Things could have been much worse had he decided to shoot his way out of there instead of capping himself.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    No splatter on the wall from an exit wound. Hmmmm, maybe it wasn't a .45, but even a 9mm should have caused exit splatter.

Bryan

Kchen986

aka "SWAT" =P
    Oct 12, 2008
    Perhaps the round didn't exit at all. Wouldn't be the first time I've heard of a pistol round bouncing around in the brain cavity.

Fustercluck

Aug 4, 2008
    Eastern Shore
    You guys watch too many movies. lol. That video is either real or made by someone who has seen a ton of penetating head trauma before, and also understands the psychology of cops very well. That dude looked exactly like a GSW to the head should look like, and the cop responded to the shooting in an entirely believable way for someone who has likely seen a lot of bad shit.

And yes, before pecker checking me, I have seen a lot of gunshot wounds, both fatal and non-fatal head trauma, as well as crime scenes first-hand. The proverbial "pink mist" doesn't always happen with handgun shootings, unlike what the movies would have you believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom