• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mildot

Nov 23, 2011
    Arnold, MD
    Some great suggestions here. I haven't made it to Old Salty's but plan to soon, several folks have recommended it.

Last year I started a website for motorcycle routes around Maryland, still a work in progress. The goal was to have some routes you could just lock and load when you found yourself with a nice day and some free time for a ride. If you have a garmin you should be able to download the route and go. I also have been adding some video so you get a look at the highlights before you pick a route. Hope it helps.

The website is www.motorcycleroutes.us

obnoxious2

Jan 18, 2013
    district 21 - hunger games
    Some great suggestions here. I haven't made it to Old Salty's but plan to soon, several folks have recommended it.

Last year I started a website for motorcycle routes around Maryland, still a work in progress. The goal was to have some routes you could just lock and load when you found yourself with a nice day and some free time for a ride. If you have a garmin you should be able to download the route and go. I also have been adding some video so you get a look at the highlights before you pick a route. Hope it helps.

The website is www.motorcycleroutes.us

That is awesome!! :thumbsup::clap:

Mildot

Nov 23, 2011
    Arnold, MD
    Notadrone, thanks for the Elliott's Island suggestion, looks great on google earth. I might have to head there tomorrow for a ride.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    It is really a shame that Eastern Maryland is part of Maryland at all. Its like another country over there. I love it. We used to keep a boat on the Sassafras, what a nice, pleasant ride out to the bay. Oh well. Texas has lakes. :sad20:

obnoxious2

Jan 18, 2013
    district 21 - hunger games
    Tried to make it out down the eastern shore today. Unfortunately, got distracted by all the pretty woman in Annapolis while stopping there for lunch and didn't make it out as far south as I would have liked.

Notadrone

Mar 19, 2013
    west of Salisbury
    Notadrone, thanks for the Elliott's Island suggestion, looks great on google earth. I might have to head there tomorrow for a ride.

You're welcome. There's a nice old wooden bridge if you cut through on the ride back from Elliott's Island that I like to stop at and enjoy the scenery. You end up back by Tubmans and blackwater and then if you want on over to hooper and taylors islands. I dont remember road names.

Make sure you have plenty of gas when riding back there. The only station is on hoopers otherwise you have to drive into Cambridge. Happy ridding.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I just drove from Elkton to Denton and back on Friday and Saturday 150 mile round trip. Two thirds back roads one third 301 and it was delightful almost no traffic traveled for miles and never saw another car in my lane. Food places were a little scarce and you don't want to speed in the small towns, over in Delaware some towns fund most of their budget with speeding tickets. Lots of interesting things to explore on the eastern shore, check with the tourism departments of each county.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom