Background Check Bill Introduced in Congress.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    "Purchases made through the internet"??

FFLs already have to be involved interstate, so I'm not sure what they're going after there.

And, as we all know, the only thing they could possibly talking about at "gun shows" is F2F transactions, which are generally legal. But, of course, as they don't agree it becomes a "loophole".

Eager Young Space Cadet and his Pet Woman are paddling upstream, and folks need to pepper the supporters with facts.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    I doubt this one will leave the dock. I'm not suggesting folks get complacent, but this ain't the year.

The point is that the antis event have the confidence to bother introducing the bill now, even with a Republican dominated congress.

Just imaging what they might do should they keep control of the executive branch and make gains in congress.

MDNavyVet

Mar 25, 2013
    PG County
    IMO they are trying this again because the GOP has increased their numbers since the mid terms. They want to get this on the record again when it fails for 2016. These people will never stop trying. This is why we must never stop fighting. Every time I see something like this happening, I am motivated to throw a few dollars toward the SAF, NRA, etc. They are continually having to battle in the courts and that isn't cheap.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    A clean Bill will pass. R support for failing on the sword is soft. We need to use our leverage to get something in return. Saf is on it. But right now our extreme flank is going to hand Blomberg a victory.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Republicans gained control of the Senate partially due to gun control. I am all for gun grabbers trying another national grab. It will just further strengthen our cause. While they are at it, I hope they go for another assault weapon and magazine ban. The NRA needs some more donations.

Anyway, this bill didn't have a shot at passing in 2013 so there is absolutely no way it is going anywhere now. I doubt it will even get out of committee.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Can you even imagine, a bunch of over educated libtards in a room.....

Hey, you can buy gun over the internet. Yes, and they deliver them right to your door. How do they check that it is legal for someone to own a think that goes up? They don't! It must be a loophole and why they started using the internet... To get around the thing that goes up check! Well, I'm glad we banned the high capacity clips. They MUST be running out of bullets by now, and threw them all away...... Lets spend the rest of the evening robo dial our representatives...... For the children!

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    The point is that the antis event have the confidence to bother introducing the bill now, even with a Republican dominated congress.

Just imaging what they might do should they keep control of the executive branch and make gains in congress.

Thousands of bills are "introduced" every year, on both sides of the isle. Most have less than a 1% chance of passage. "Introducing" a bill is nothing more than showmanship, to solicit donations, prove to your base you are in the fight.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    If this does move forward, we need to make it a real compromise. If they want UBC, we want

1.) 50 state reginition of CCW permits, including non-resident permits
    2.) The government will allow interstate handgun purchases
    3.) Improved processes for restoration of gun rights

embermage

Sep 20, 2013
    Rising Sun
    If this does move forward, we need to make it a real compromise. If they want UBC, we want

Or how about SBR, SBS, Surpressors taken off the NFA? That sounds more like a compromise, they lose something as well.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011

There is no compromise with antis. Just look at history.

UBC= registration

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I sometimes wonder if we have ever actually compromised. Most of the bills seems to be infringements were we get nothing in return except they limit the impact of their bill.

How many gun control bills actually give us something?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    It was introduced because their cash flow is diminishing.

I'd get behind THIS in a heartbeat:
    Former congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords is returning to Capitol Hill on Wednesday to help kick-start a longshot campaign to expand criminal background checks to all congressional candidates.
    Fixed it for them...

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

No not compromise a counter offer.

Our bill entirely on our terms. Force them to vote against what they say they want.

No more games. Permit waves 4473. License and non licensed sellers use the same process for permit holders.

Full due process protection and more.

Done right we can win everything and they will still be able to claim that they won..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom