• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Holy crap! GPS tracking of firearms sold and possessed in the State????

This Conaway guy is a real gem!

Ok, so I do have to add one positive note here on this bill...

I have been noting that the Cease Fire Council has no Pro 2A community representation... No proposals to change that as of yet. BUT... This bill includes reps from MSI and AGC on this GPS Task Force.

Mr H

Banana'd

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    No prob. Your gun safe will become equipped with an internet connection on the inside, so your firearms can "phone home."

There's a lot of tech chatter about "an internet of things," where refrigerators, toasters and coffee makers all have net connections. Might have to change that to "an internet of things ... but mostly guns."

"Yep, just bought a Mosin 91/30. Gotta head over to Best Buy to get it upgraded to IPv6 and 256 gig of non-volatile storage."
    See this what I mean when I say do not make the case for op force.

Can we at least let them do thier own homework?

BTW I can spoof that. . ;)

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Tracking people/things based on the exercise of a fundamental right...yup, the older I get, the more Orwell looks like a prophet...

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I know the issues with 'voting being a constitutional right and is it a fundamental right 'opinions, yadda-yadda-yadda..so why do we have to run through hoops and yet they do not require the same of voters? I know I am asking the obvious. Just pisses me off to no end. They say it is always better to pissed off than pissed on but I am feeling the latter more and more each day..

Mr H

Banana'd
    Short answer maybe. Its targeting SYG. We need be ready to hit hard.

We may be going po-tay-to po-tah-to here, but here's what I see...

The overt SYG bills, when combined with the 9-1-1 bill, will be dressed as "SYG is racist and Gummin' will save you", while attempting to gut true self-protection and Castle Doctrine.

LIVs will eat it up, not seeing the wolf.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    We may be going po-tay-to po-tah-to here, but here's what I see...

The overt SYG bills, when combined with the 9-1-1 bill, will be dressed as "SYG is racist and Gummin' will save you", while attempting to gut true self-protection and Castle Doctrine.

LIVs will eat it up, not seeing the wolf.

Right but they need both. And SyG is dead in MD always was. But castle doctrine itself is not under threat directly.. it only changes how we counter it.. not thier end game.

More on the flip side...

Last edited:

highwayheat

highwayheat
    Jun 13, 2012
    Ceciltucky
    Most of this garbage was pre-filed by Del. Conway. No surprise there as he is never in touch with reality. As far as a 911 operator being able to give a lawful order is just insane. They may be on the other end of the phone listening but will never truely be able to comprehend the totality of the circumstances. My wife knows to shoot first if someone breaks into to our house and is threatening her or the kids. Her first priority is the personal safety of herself and the kids. 911 is will be contacted when she has stopped the threat. An emergency response will be minutes away when mere seconds could me the difference between life and death.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Did not see this one SB28: Peace Orders and Protective Orders - Burden of Proof (PDF Text) - reduces the burden of proof for final issue to "preponderance of evidence" rather than requiring "clear and convincing evidence". Sponsored by The People's Champion of Liberty - Senator Frosh.

ETA - From Del. Tarrant: HB0065: Criminal Law - Harassment - Penalties and Prohibition Applied to Neighborhood Watch (PDF Text) - in a clear manner, makes another plea for Trayvon Martin by implying that the actions of the Neighborhood Watch may be harassment.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Really?!?!

Amazing.

Do not be surprised if all these oddball bills are smokescreens. We saw a flurry of small stuff last year that made little sense individually, then they were all wrapped in an omnibus monster that was 281.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Did not see this one SB28: Peace Orders and Protective Orders - Burden of Proof (PDF Text) - reduces the burden of proof for final issue to "preponderance of evidence" rather than requiring "clear and convincing evidence". Sponsored by The People's Champion of Liberty - Senator Frosh.

ETA - From Del. Tarrant: HB0065: Criminal Law - Harassment - Penalties and Prohibition Applied to Neighborhood Watch (PDF Text) - in a clear manner, makes another plea for Trayvon Martin by implying that the actions of the Neighborhood Watch may be harassment.

SB 28 is ugly.

Really?!?!

Amazing.

Do not be surprised if all these oddball bills are smokescreens. We saw a flurry of small stuff last year that made little sense individually, then they were all wrapped in an omnibus monster that was 281.

Not surprised one bit. Nothing is safe, MGA is in session. Non stop diligence for the next 90 days is required.

Dklo

Dec 20, 2011
    Can a firefighter in Maryland actually give lawful orders to a civilian?

Short answer, Yes......In specific situations.

§ 7-402. Interference, obstruction, or false representation prohibited; penalty.

(a) Interference with or obstruction of emergency assistance prohibited.- A person may not willfully interfere with or obstruct a firefighter, a rescue squad member, or emergency services personnel while the firefighter, rescue squad member, or emergency services personnel:

(1) is fighting a fire, performing emergency services, or proceeding to a fire or other emergency; or

(2) is dispatched on a call for emergency services.

(b) Impersonating firefighter or emergency services personnel prohibited.- A person may not, with fraudulent design on person or property, falsely represent that the person is a member of a career or volunteer fire department, rescue squad, or emergency services unit of the State or a county or municipal corporation of the State.

(c) Wearing firefighter articles or imitations prohibited.- A person may not have, use, wear, or display without proper authority, for the purpose of deception, a uniform, shield, button, ornament, identification, or shoulder patch, or a simulation or imitation of these articles, adopted by a career or volunteer fire department, rescue squad, or emergency services unit.

(d) Penalty.- A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 3 years.

[An. Code 1957, art. 27, § 11D(a), (c), (d); 2003, ch. 5, § 2.]

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Short answer, Yes......In specific situations.

§ 7-402. Interference, obstruction, or false representation prohibited; penalty.

(a) Interference with or obstruction of emergency assistance prohibited.- A person may not willfully interfere with or obstruct a firefighter, a rescue squad member, or emergency services personnel while the firefighter, rescue squad member, or emergency services personnel:

(1) is fighting a fire, performing emergency services, or proceeding to a fire or other emergency; or

(2) is dispatched on a call for emergency services.

(b) Impersonating firefighter or emergency services personnel prohibited.- A person may not, with fraudulent design on person or property, falsely represent that the person is a member of a career or volunteer fire department, rescue squad, or emergency services unit of the State or a county or municipal corporation of the State.

(c) Wearing firefighter articles or imitations prohibited.- A person may not have, use, wear, or display without proper authority, for the purpose of deception, a uniform, shield, button, ornament, identification, or shoulder patch, or a simulation or imitation of these articles, adopted by a career or volunteer fire department, rescue squad, or emergency services unit.

(d) Penalty.- A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 3 years.

[An. Code 1957, art. 27, § 11D(a), (c), (d); 2003, ch. 5, § 2.]

I think that statute is one heck of a long stretch to say that a firefighter can give a civilian a lawful order and the civilian must obey it.

Dklo

Dec 20, 2011
    I think that statute is one heck of a long stretch to say that a firefighter can give a civilian a lawful order and the civilian must obey it.

It only applies to an emergency situation. If you get in my way or refuse to leave when I tell you, I can have the police remove you. If you are burning something without a permit I can tell you to put it out and issue correction orders the fire marshal can use to levy fines or charges. Its not on the same level as a LEO, but the authority is there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom