• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    well I poked Fate in the eye but had a good outcome. ordered a .308 Pmag 10 rounder, shipped the next day and I got it a few days later. free frt with no minimum order is nice.

I have had good and bad experiences with them but generally if not in a hurry they have worked ok.

LexTalionis926

Jan 4, 2013
    well I poked Fate in the eye but had a good outcome. ordered a .308 Pmag 10 rounder, shipped the next day and I got it a few days later. free frt with no minimum order is nice.

I have had good and bad experiences with them but generally if not in a hurry they have worked ok.

At least you received an authentic mag. You hope.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    AVOID BOTACH NO MATTER WHAT DEAL YOU SEE. IT'S THE NIGERIAN GENERAL OF FIREARMS RETAILERS.

Sorry for visual shouting. I just had to cancel an order with them. Total clown show over there.

LexTalionis926

Jan 4, 2013
    There are a handful of members who have bought MIADs from reputable online sites(brownells, psa, aim) and have all gotten MIAD grips recently with no "Pat Pending" Marking on them like yours.

http://beta.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=604557

Did magpul ever respond to you?

Magpul responded and said they are not only sending me a brand new MIAD free of charge but they are sending a shipping label and would like me to send the questionable grip back so they can investigate it. Great customer service at Magpul, they were in no way obligated to send me a freebie especially after I let them know amazon refunded me after Botach refused to.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    What did they put you through?

I've spent thousands of dollars in therapy getting over my experience with them so I can't go there...to the dark Botach memories. Just trust me. Or google them and see for yourself.

LexTalionis926

Jan 4, 2013
    Well Magpul sent me a new MIAD today. Comparing that one and the fake ******** I got from Botach it's pretty easy to see the differences.
    e5eba5yh.jpg

5aje4epa.jpg

qyre5ypu.jpg

4yrageta.jpg

pu4anu7u.jpg

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Well Magpul sent me a new MIAD today. Comparing that one and the fake ******** I got from Botach it's pretty easy to see the differences.
    e5eba5yh.jpg

5aje4epa.jpg

qyre5ypu.jpg

4yrageta.jpg

pu4anu7u.jpg

Thanks for the update with all the pics (presume that the top item is the fake in all pics). Have been avoiding ordering from this company despite all their listings on Slickguns due to warnings such as yours.

MarkinMD

MDS Supporter
    Dec 10, 2011
    Nut Bush City Limits
    Wednesday morning early got email for Magpul MS4 rifle sling for $39.99 with free shipping, have not found cheaper then $55.00 thought might be a reproduction or be out of stock, but ordered anyway, received on Saturday, everything looks great. Happy this time.

LexTalionis926

Jan 4, 2013
    Wednesday morning early got email for Magpul MS4 rifle sling for $39.99 with free shipping, have not found cheaper then $55.00 thought might be a reproduction or be out of stock, but ordered anyway, received on Saturday, everything looks great. Happy this time.

You got lucky! As you can see from the pics I did not. And I encourage everyone to avoid this company. Even if you have to pay a few bucks more. I'd rather spend $20 more and know I'm getting what I pay for and that I'm not supporting a company that sells counterfeit products.

blackseven

Regular Guy
    Aug 30, 2011
    Is it possible they put the "Airsoft" Grade part in the ITAR "Real" part box? I know Magpul has two different grades of parts, they are visibly identical except significantly cheaper in both quality and price. Magpul customer service is outstanding though, that is awesome they took care of you.

RobSky

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Anne Arundel
    Is it possible they put the "Airsoft" Grade part in the ITAR "Real" part box? I know Magpul has two different grades of parts, they are visibly identical except significantly cheaper in both quality and price. Magpul customer service is outstanding though, that is awesome they took care of you.

or it was a return and someone switched it out with a fake one...

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    That's wild that a company would try this. Wouldn't be surprised to see it on eBay but not from an actual distributor.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I saw something on SlickDeals.net about a month ago. It was still going on. Seems to be mostly Magpul stuff that is the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom