• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdubyacobb

Mar 6, 2009
    Patagonia Arizona
    We do have a live fire test here in AZ to qualify for a permit.
    However Arizona is also a constitutional carry state so you can carry with or without a permit.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    Just found out yesterday regarding NM dropping FL.
    It really sucks...
    Was planning a Trip to drive out to Texas, Las Vegas and Grand Canyon...
    I specifically applied for FL because because I already had UT which NM did not accept, and was thinking, well we can go to Disney land next.
    I sent my app in 3/12.....NM dropped FL 3/23... Doesn't that suck.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    Oh.. Just read on dup thread...Open Carry and Car OK...pheeeeew.

New Mexico does NOT honor Florida or Utah non-resident permits, either.

Here are your options:

1. Open carry

2. In your vehicle you can have a concealed handgun. New Mexico views your vehicle as an extension of your home.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Yet another good reason for multiple permits. Reciprocity agreements can and do change.

I got my NV CCW to avoid this when I travel to Vegas

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    This sort of BS ticks me off.

I wish states that want to demand live fire would offer a means whereby holders of Florida or Utah (or Pennsylvania, etc.) permits could get an additional live-fire upgrade certification.

Such a certification would be meaningless in the issuing state, viz Florida, but would be recognized by live-fire state.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I sent for an AZ permit packet this morning.

It's funny. NM doesn't accept any of my permits, but apparently they're acceptable to AZ as proof of training. If/when I get the AZ permit I'm authorized to carry in NM. Ya gotta love the red tape.

Package arrived today. Now to find a place that does ink prints - hopefully close to the Bowie area.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    NM dropped UT last year because their state trainers complained that NM residents were carrying on UT permits. That is why UT amended their carry law to include the requirement that non residents must have a home state license if available and that they also recognize UT.

NM should just make it so NM residents must CCW only on their permit(this is common in many states) instead of dropping states from reciprocity.

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA
    Package arrived today. Now to find a place that does ink prints - hopefully close to the Bowie area.

Word of "caution"...the return envelope is just the right size...to fit the print cards. You'd have to perform a little origami to get the application in there. I picked up a standard 9x12 manilla envelope to return it in. :D

NM should just make it so NM residents must CCW only on their permit(this is common in many states) instead of dropping states from reciprocity.

Exactly. Same could be said about UT requiring folks to have a home state permit (if reciprocal) in order to obtain the UT permit...to satisfy the PTB in TX due to TX residents getting the UT permit to carry in TX because it was cheaper. TX should have fixed the problem on their side of the border.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Frederick County Sheriff does ink. Every Wednesday

Thanks.

Their web site says the administrative fee for fingerprinting is $20.00. I hope that's for both cards.

There's also what appears to be a standard admonishment (having called AA County and the State Police) that the FBI is moving toward only accepting livescan prints.

Since this exercise is for an AZ permit (and they provided the two cards), one has to wonder what, if any, background check(s) that state performs.

Just thinking out loud at this point.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Finger prints completed and AZ application mailed today.

Of course, nothing is ever easy. The Sheriff's office provides a flyer saying after April 15th the FBI will no longer accept ink cards...but that's what AZ asked for. Guess I'll know soon enough what the story is.

A national permit looks better every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom