• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daveyboysmith

There's a search box?!?!
    Aug 10, 2011
    Ellicott city
    At around 7:30pm today ( 2/22/12 ) my next door neighbor called the house asking if anyone had come and knocked on our door. She then told us someone had been banging on her front door and when she asked who it was through the door they said " Your neighbor " she asked which neighbor , and then the guy went for the door handle and tried to get in, fortunately everything was locked up and the guy left quickly but it shows that anything can happen at anytime of day :sad20:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Kings contrivance area

haha oh, well....shocker. Hopefully you and your neighbor have some good motion-activated lights outside, thorny bushes of some kind on the outside under windows and a camera within reach(gun, cell phone, and flashlight wouldn't hurt either).

Daveyboysmith

There's a search box?!?!
    Aug 10, 2011
    Ellicott city
    They have motion activated flood lights in front and back of the house and our phone number.... we had a mossy 500, XDM9, Sig522 and Ruger 22/45 before that g-d damn boating accident

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    you mean a canoe. lol

have you/she reported to leo? hope its just some drunk guy that went to a wrong house.

Daveyboysmith

There's a search box?!?!
    Aug 10, 2011
    Ellicott city
    you mean a canoe. lol

have you/she reported to leo? hope its just some drunk guy that went to a wrong house.

:lol2: *canoe accident
    We've only been gun owners for less then 6 months... but i do have my eye on a G17 shortly:innocent0

We told her to call the police after she called us, she's pretty sensible so I'm hopeful that she did.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I got a knock at my door at 7:30pm last week. I wasn't expecting anyone so I grab one of my "toys" that was close by. Turned out it was my in-laws stopping by unannounced. I live in Fallston, a relatively safe area, but I never take chances. Hell, I even carry when taking my trash down my driveway to the street.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I got a knock at my door at 7:30pm last week. I wasn't expecting anyone so I grab one of my "toys" that was close by. Turned out it was my in-laws stopping by unannounced. I live in Fallston, a relatively safe area, but I never take chances. Hell, I even carry when taking my trash down my driveway to the street.

be careful about going out of your property. (just a heads up)

Daveyboysmith

There's a search box?!?!
    Aug 10, 2011
    Ellicott city
    Looking at the households work schedules, we'll have someone who is competent with a firearm home at all times for the next few days at a minimum, just how the schedules fell but I'm not complaining:innocent0

Daveyboysmith

There's a search box?!?!
    Aug 10, 2011
    Ellicott city
    aim small shoot small. if ya have to. wth.. spray and pray! (jk)

keep us posted and be safe.

We've actually had house discussions about what we are going to try and do if we hear someone breaking in, obviously we can't account for every scenario but hopefully if it ever comes to be we'll be prepared

lovefreedom82

Feb 15, 2012
    Owings Mills, Maryland

You are well prepared at all times. These days I guess you have to.

iSHOOT

Jan 6, 2010
    AA County

:thumbsup: Got an unexpected knock at my door one day when i was home with a broken leg so i took my 1911 with me. turned out to be my staff sergeant just seeing how i was healing up...not sure why but no ones come to visit me since :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom