• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jackrab

Sep 21, 2013
    Not even to people that qualify for early release. Kinda frustrating because they told me 14 days when I purchased my gun in the beginning of September and I scheduled time to shoot with my brothers and now I have to cancel.

So my question to Atlantic Guns is as follows: Why is it taking longer than 14 days? People are saying you all need to review apps, but didn't you all review the apps when we first filled them out?

Sorry for the complaint but I'm starting to feel like I'm dealing with the MSP

enjoi1968

Streets Closed Pizza Boy.
    May 10, 2013
    Atlantic Guns in Rockville/Silver Spring?

Fwiw they are not the IP on here 'Atlantic Guns' (online sales only). And to my knowledge AG brick and mortar does not have a presence on this forum.

May get a better answer by calling the shop and asking specifics.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Atlantic Guns in Rockville/Silver Spring?

Fwiw they are not the IP on here 'Atlantic Guns' (online sales only). And to my knowledge AG brick and mortar does not have a presence on this forum.

May get a better answer by calling the shop and asking specifics.

Heheh I reminded the OP about that, though he isnt the first to make the mistake.

P.S. I have had mixed experiences with Atlantic guns, I made 5 purchases off them over the years. They are usually ok (and fair on trade prices) but not exceptional. Prices are of course are threw the roof on new stuff, some bargains can be found in their used case occasionally (for example I have a ARMCO pre-ban AK that slid past them because someone had fitted it with black poly US made furniture) that I got for $540 in 2008 an outright steal.

Getting attention at their counter is almost impossible and getting them to asnwer the phone worse. I would not count on them releasing anytime soon and they have never (to my knowledge) been listed as a releasing FFL. Your probably stuck with an HQL.

I tend to avoid them when possible.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Did you comply 100% with their stated policy? Two weeks and proof of NICS check or regulated purchase in the last 5 years? They are very clear about the past 5 years when you go in. I picked one up Monday, I could have had it 4 days earlier by their policy but I had to wait out another few days to comply with 1 per 30 days state law.

Nice bonus, they don't charge for the MD compliant tampon if your gun requires one.

BigToe

Well Armed Vagrant
    They released to me after 16 days last month. I do have several previous purchases with them.

AFAIK, their policy is that if you meet their requirements (purchase within 5 years, CCW, Law enforcement, designated collector, etc.), you call after 14 days, and they will look up paperwork and get back to you within 72 hours to pick up the firearm. What's 3 extra days, when some people have waited 120 days or more?

They are incredibly busy. And yes, they are being extra cautious, but it's their FFL, and if they release a firearm to someone with incomplete paperwork, they can lose their FFL status.

Jackrab

Sep 21, 2013
    They check the apps when you first fill them out.... so are they double checking? They really shouldn't say 14 days if they don't mean it.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    They released to me after 16 days last month. I do have several previous purchases with them.

AFAIK, their policy is that if you meet their requirements (purchase within 5 years, CCW, Law enforcement, designated collector, etc.), you call after 14 days, and they will look up paperwork and get back to you within 72 hours to pick up the firearm. What's 3 extra days, when some people have waited 120 days or more?

They are incredibly busy. And yes, they are being extra cautious, but it's their FFL, and if they release a firearm to someone with incomplete paperwork, they can lose their FFL status.

Incomplete paperwork is not the issue. They are not going to lose their FFL for following the law.

hogrider

Jan 23, 2013
    They are now releasing with 8 days after you fill out the paperwork.....

if you fill out the paperwork correctly

Last edited:

Jackrab

Sep 21, 2013
    They are now releasing with 8 days after you fill out the paperwork.....

if you fill out the paperwork correctly

This is not true. They might say 8 days but they will not release in 8 days. If they can't release in 14 days what makes you think they will release in 8?

aquashooter

Apr 17, 2013
    Monkey Co
    I just picked up an SR 22 after 14 days from Rockville AG. I admit that I have a retired LEO carry and have been dealing with them since the 70s. The owners know me personally. I have also purchased at least 4 weapons within the last 3 years from them.

BigToe

Well Armed Vagrant
    Incomplete paperwork is not the issue. They are not going to lose their FFL for following the law.

When I called after 14 days, and was told I needed to wait for a phone call. I asked why, and the salesman said they needed to have someone check my paperwork to see that is was filled out correctly and completely. He said that they could not release early if there were omissions or errors.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    They check the apps when you first fill them out.... so are they double checking? They really shouldn't say 14 days if they don't mean it.

BS, my brand new Sig P226 Mk.25 proves otherwise! See my comment above. Are you active or retired LEO, Military? Or did you provide proof of NICS or regulated background check? They are not and have not been ambiguous on that requirement.

I will stipulate that I have been a customer on and off for over 30 years. I know and have shot competition with a few of the guys working there and the owners know me. I did have the fellow who originally processed the sale put a note on the paperwork that I'd be there the morning of the 16th to do the transfer, yes I took a day off to go pick it up and get there early to lessen their workload in the evening, it was appreciated.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Heheh I reminded the OP about that, though he isnt the first to make the mistake.

P.S. I have had mixed experiences with Atlantic guns, I made 5 purchases off them over the years. They are usually ok (and fair on trade prices) but not exceptional. Prices are of course are threw the roof on new stuff, some bargains can be found in their used case occasionally (for example I have a ARMCO pre-ban AK that slid past them because someone had fitted it with black poly US made furniture) that I got for $540 in 2008 an outright steal.

Getting attention at their counter is almost impossible and getting them to asnwer the phone worse. I would not count on them releasing anytime soon and they have never (to my knowledge) been listed as a releasing FFL. Your probably stuck with an HQL.

I tend to avoid them when possible.

Since you avoid them I will let you in on some insider information, They know what a pre-ban AK looks like. They were being nice and passed the saving on to the lucky buyer. The Schneider Boys have been doing this for almost 65 years.

Jackrab

Sep 21, 2013
    BS, my brand new Sig P226 Mk.25 proves otherwise! See my comment above. Are you active or retired LEO, Military? Or did you provide proof of NICS or regulated background check? They are not and have not been ambiguous on that requirement.

I will stipulate that I have been a customer on and off for over 30 years. I know and have shot competition with a few of the guys working there and the owners know me. I did have the fellow who originally processed the sale put a note on the paperwork that I'd be there the morning of the 16th to do the transfer, yes I took a day off to go pick it up and get there early to lessen their workload in the evening, it was appreciated.

I got an ND from MSP back in March from a purchase at AG! I don't have my gun and this is not BS.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Not even to people that qualify for early release. Kinda frustrating because they told me 14 days when I purchased my gun in the beginning of September and I scheduled time to shoot with my brothers and now I have to cancel.

So my question to Atlantic Guns is as follows: Why is it taking longer than 14 days? People are saying you all need to review apps, but didn't you all review the apps when we first filled them out?

Sorry for the complaint but I'm starting to feel like I'm dealing with the MSP

That is why I moved my business to Engage Armament. I was dropping into Engage every day at lunch time or on my way home from work looking for a Glock 19 Gen 4. I could have purchased one at Atlantic but, they were not releasing them until the paper work came back.

NavyATFP

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 3, 2013
    Hyattsville
    Seems strange as i've gotten 2 handguns and 2 lowers in the last 4 months(all without an ND coming back that I know of) but this was at the Silver Spring location.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom