• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Do you ever do transfers at the golden ring barracks? I had on 2 separate occasions gotten some of the most anti gun cops around. Also had an officer refuse to do a transfer for an AR lower at Hoco a year ago.

No, just Jessup, Bel Air and Westminster, never an issue. I have heard bad things about GR which is why I never tried there. Don't even know where it is but it would be more convenient. Did the HoCo trooper pull the it's not our job you have to go to Pikesville BS? On one occasion in Jessup I had a trooper initially say they only do it as a courtesy yackety yack but he loosened up after after a bit and we had a good conversation.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    No, just Jessup, Bel Air and Westminster, never an issue. I have heard bad things about GR which is why I never tried there. Don't even know where it is but it would be more convenient. Did the HoCo trooper pull the it's not our job you have to go to Pikesville BS? On one occasion in Jessup I had a trooper initially say they only do it as a courtesy yackety yack but he loosened up after after a bit and we had a good conversation.

Trooper said they only transfer firearms not receivers. I tried like 10 times to explain that according federal and state law the receiver is a firearm but he wouldn't budge. Met the guy (mdshooter member) the next day at the College Park barracks, trooper there also made a disparaging remark about civilians having ARs but he did the transfer.

Also had 2 painless transfers at Jessup.

Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013
    My thoughts exactly.
    One time there was a major accident on 270 and the guy who does transfers had to leave to respond so they asked us if we could come back later.

They couldn't have beem nicer or more apologetic about it. And I had to agree that an emergency took precedence.

spitfire481

Mar 31, 2012
    Glen Burnie Md
    called and left a message with dana pickles about my .22 form 1 sbr that has been sitting on hold since it should have been approved about 2 weeks ago. lets see where this goes

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    called and left a message with dana pickles about my .22 form 1 sbr that has been sitting on hold since it should have been approved about 2 weeks ago. lets see where this goes

Mr. Pickles from my experience has been very good to deal with. He is going to want hard data. For me, my issue was that I submitted a Form 1 to reactivate a MG currently on a Form 5. The Form 1 I submitted had no Police Sign off and was not on a trust. He kicked it back saying all form 1, non-trust, applications needed LEO signature. Well it clearly states in the ATF manual that since the LEO had already signed off on my Form 5, that I did not need to do it again for the same gun on the Form 1. I told him this and he asked for a reference. I asked him to pull out his manual and turn to the certain page and paragraph. He read it and said that he did not know that. He thanked me very much for showing him and said he was sure no one else in the office knew it either. He apologized for the inconvenience and asked me to mail back my Form 1. I mailed it and got it back approved with in a weak! So from my experience, if you can do the same, he should be willing to work with you and good to deal with.

spitfire481

Mar 31, 2012
    Glen Burnie Md
    good to hear. i have no problem sending him the location of that "centerfire" text in the new law. since im sure MSP probably never will

Mr. Pickles from my experience has been very good to deal with. He is going to want hard data. For me, my issue was that I submitted a Form 1 to reactivate a MG currently on a Form 5. The Form 1 I submitted had no Police Sign off and was not on a trust. He kicked it back saying all form 1, non-trust, applications needed LEO signature. Well it clearly states in the ATF manual that since the LEO had already signed off on my Form 5, that I did not need to do it again for the same gun on the Form 1. I told him this and he asked for a reference. I asked him to pull out his manual and turn to the certain page and paragraph. He read it and said that he did not know that. He thanked me very much for showing him and said he was sure no one else in the office knew it either. He apologized for the inconvenience and asked me to mail back my Form 1. I mailed it and got it back approved with in a weak! So from my experience, if you can do the same, he should be willing to work with you and good to deal with.

F8L_Funnel

Jan 28, 2013
    This is why I love Harford county. The sheriff is the CLEO and he signed off on my paperwork within 5 days the 1st time, 3 days the second time and when there was a mistake on that one that ATF&E sent it back. I walked it in and left it with the Deputy at the desk. Got a call 10 minutes later because the Sheriff fixed it on the spot walking in from a meeting.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Trooper said they only transfer firearms not receivers. I tried like 10 times to explain that according federal and state law the receiver is a firearm but he wouldn't budge. Met the guy (mdshooter member) the next day at the College Park barracks, trooper there also made a disparaging remark about civilians having ARs but he did the transfer.

Also had 2 painless transfers at Jessup.

What did he say exactly about ARs? Does he not realize he's a civilian too?

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    This is why I love Harford county. The sheriff is the CLEO and he signed off on my paperwork within 5 days the 1st time, 3 days the second time and when there was a mistake on that one that ATF&E sent it back. I walked it in and left it with the Deputy at the desk. Got a call 10 minutes later because the Sheriff fixed it on the spot walking in from a meeting.

Similar experience here too. Sheriff Bane and his staff have always been excellent. The new guy running, Gahler, sounds like a pretty good candidate too if he gets voted in. Either way, so happy I left Baltimore County for Harford.:thumbsup:

rcpd34

Peoples Republic Maryland
    Jan 29, 2009
    MD
    I got a phone call from NFA branch on a half dozen Form 4's I had pending prior to October 1. They requested emailed copies of the receipts showing pre October 1 purchase. Once I sent it, the Forms were received less than a week later.

MSCSMD

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 11, 2014
    just to confirm, you filed the forms before october 1st? wonder why they thought you would use serial numbers for guns you didn't own?

Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013
    just to confirm, you filed the forms before october 1st? wonder why they thought you would use serial numbers for guns you didn't own?

Agreed. Strange request.
    Or did you mean the receivers were pre-Oct 1 but the forms were submitted post Oct 1?

rcpd34

Peoples Republic Maryland
    Jan 29, 2009
    MD
    Yes, forms were filed WAY before Oct. 1. He said he was just covering his butt. They are very unclear about what MD is doing. Kinda like the rest of us. I also have some filed post Oct. 1, but I haven't heard anything on those yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom