• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PresentArms

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2008
    Middle River
    I been kicking it around and decided to SBR my GSG-5PK by adding a folding stock. Has anyone tried to have Sheriff Fisher sign off on form 1 with any luck or am I wasting my time?

Thanks

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    This might be better suited for the NFA/Class III section, Middle River - is that AA Co.?, either way I can only say that our local sheriff is willing to sign off on form 1's and 4's.

Good luck with that.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    There are several options available to you. You could have MSP do the sign off. They do it so we don't have to deal with local CLEO's who may not agree with NFA. The other is a trust. As mentioned in the first response, visit the NFA section and read. There is plenty of good info.

Alaskacajun

Aug 30, 2011
    Go the "trust" route. Our local CLEO charges $150 fee to do a "back ground check" on every NFA item that we need his signature for... :sad20:

- Clint

PresentArms

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2008
    Middle River
    Go the "trust" route. Our local CLEO charges $150 fee to do a "back ground check" on every NFA item that we need his signature for... :sad20:

- Clint

Holy Crap 150.00 to tell me something they already know. Now were up to 350.00 before I start. I will have to look into the trust.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Holy Crap 150.00 to tell me something they already know. Now were up to 350.00 before I start. I will have to look into the trust.

The fee from MSP at the Pikesville Firearms Branch is $18 for the CJIS background check. They are currently running about 3 - 4 weeks for sign offs. IMHO, not a big deal to drop off paperwork with them for signature. But others choose to go the Trust route.

BTW, this thread is belongs in the NFA section.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    The fee from MSP at the Pikesville Firearms Branch is $18 for the CJIS background check. They are currently running about 3 - 4 weeks for sign offs. IMHO, not a big deal to drop off paperwork with them for signature. But others choose to go the Trust route.

BTW, this thread is belongs in the NFA section.

+1

MSP in Pikesville is your best option if you go the individual route. Take rsideout's word for it. He's the NFA king around here. I've done a few through MSP already and the average time to get them back was 6 weeks.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Thanks Flipz, but I'm hardly the NFA King. As far as I can tell, that honor belongs to SCARQCB.:bowdown: I've just been a little more active buying stamps lately. :innocent0 And I still have lots of ground to make up if I want to catch him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom