• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Some good arguments against this new rule as well as pointing out some things that the ATF has got wrong. Beginnings of a fight to get this monstrosity reversed.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    So. I did the eform1 for my pistol...I figure I was going to SBR it anyway. NOW everyone's talking about it being a trap and they're going to come shoot my dogs, take my guns, and lock me up. Since I already suffer from BGOS. Can I "unfile" or amend it and just pay the $200 to worry less? Much ado about nothing? Run for the hills?

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    Based on the
    So. I did the eform1 for my pistol...I figure I was going to SBR it anyway. NOW everyone's talking about it being a trap and they're going to come shoot my dogs, take my guns, and lock me up. Since I already suffer from BGOS. Can I "unfile" or amend it and just pay the $200 to worry less? Much ado about nothing? Run for the hills?
    No turning back. You placed your bet. Time to let the chips fall where they may.

Per the AFT you’ve been a felon since the day you took possession of the braced pistol. .

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I guess I am going to sit tight for a bit longer before deciding what to do

I also guess I will just take my brace off and I think I saved my old pistol tubes somewhere, I think

What a crock of shit

Last edited:

PorP

Mar 11, 2016
    Long time no post for me.

The one thing I question from the "trap" video is how does filling the form 1 infer an intention not to comply within the 120 day grace period?

I mean if I gotta SBR it I would be putting a proper butt stock on it anyhow.

I'm no lawyer so am I missing something?

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    None of my stuff is even close to 29" OAL FML. My CZ EVO can just lose the brace I guess. The other will have to get straight buffer tubes. Unless... this turd goes away.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

Written in the Stabilizing Brace Final Rule, ATF has concluded that any foreign-made pistols with stabilizing braces would be assembled in violation of 922(r), (as the firearms are retroactively being considered rifles). As such, registration or removal of the brace would not

bring the firearm into compliance. According to ATF, this leaves destruction or surrender as the only available options for foreign firearms with braces. This would include imported pistols where the brace was added at any stage, regardless if done by the user or the importer.

Wonder why ATF isnt going after criminals? Instead they change rule to make law abiding into criminals...

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Buy your dogs armor plating!!!

FrankAR15

Feb 1, 2008
    Anne Arundel Co.
    I guess I am goons sit tight for a bit longer before deciding what to do

I also guess I will just take my brace off and I think I saved my old pistol tubes somewhere, I think

What a crock of shit
    If you bought it as a pistol, I believe you can just remove the brace “ and destroy or Alter the brace so that it can’t be reattached “. Or throw brace in the trash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom