• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATTom

Aug 17, 2010
    I would have walked by after I bought the gun from someone else and told him to suck on it.

Srsanbo

Massive Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    I went today with a co-worker, my son-in-law and my youngest daughter's boyfriend.
    We all had a good time for the most part.
    My son-in-law was looking for a S&W mp-22.
    We found one at a good price at a vendor called Big Johns Guns LLc,
    This is where it went bad: my son-in-law sat down to do the paper work, the dealer said he wouldnt give him the mag since he was from maryland.
    i've worked the shows in Md, so i explained the mag law to him politely.
    At this point he got up, said "we're done here, leave my table now." We asked to speak to the owner, he said he was the owner.
    We all left without saying anything.
    My son-in-law found the rifle $10 cheaper at another vendor who was happy to deal with him.
    so, i am posting here to let you know about this guy. :asshat:

I had a bad experience with another A$$hat at that show on Sat. I was helping a friend pick out a .45. He was handed the gun by the salesperson and in turn handed to me in front of him. Another salesperson came up. I saw what looked like etching on the feed ramp and asked him to take a look. While he was wiping what he said was just grease he asked if I was a PA resident (why he asked I am unsure). I told him I wasn't but my friend was (right next to me at the table). He dismissively shook his head (no eye contact, and totally condescending) asked, "then why are you looking at handguns?" I told him that I wasn't, but my friend was, and that he wanted my input on the gun he was looking at, at this point the guy said "I heard what you said, I asked you why you were looking at handguns.." In less than a polite way. I asked if I wasn't allowed to touch his firearms because I was from MD (in a joking manner) and he said, "I do not let non-residents handle my firearms". Trying to diffuse what was now getting to be a heated exchange, I put up my hands and said, "I totally believe you and understand.." Guy thought I was being flippant or sarcastic and asked me "Why do you have to be like that?" I promptly told him that he didn't know me and that I was not passing judgement and that what he misunderstood as me "being that way" was his own issue, not mine. Cost himself a sale, as my buddy who was going to purchase a gun from them would not deal with them after that.

I understand the guy's policy, but he was a confrontational butthole from the onset. Oh well. I looked back at the table and I think it was Accurate Sports, but I didn't go near the table again.

On a lighter note, got some high caps for the 10-22.

.50 cal ammo cans sold out within an hour of our arrival at 10:30.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom